The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pope Francis says Atheists can go to Heaven

Canuckerbird

Many many many conflicting reports on that...one stating he wanted to replace all religion with a barbaric warrior pagan religion (which I doubt, as Hitler had no interest in Teutonic Paganism) and several that corroborate what I read in Mein Kampf. I suppose either of them could be right..Mr Hitler is not here to confirm :P

No. I do not believe in reincarnation I just said I think time is cyclical and that I think in order to avoid violating the law of entropy the energies...and not only human energies, but cosmic energies...are recycled...sort of a black hole/white hole hypothesis...anything sucked through the black hole, energy light matter etc is expelled through the white hole creating an entirely different universe. The energy is neither created nor destroyed and is preserved through quantum tunneling. The original energy is preserved.

you´re just explaining a cientific way of reincarnation. but that´s good :) I also believe we´re part of the universe because we´re made of the same matter (atoms etc) that makes a star or a comet. you´re telling that we´re just another form of atomic arrangement. why not? maybe we´re just a player of a huge version of the "SIMS" with somebody secretly telling what we have to do...

Again..tongue in cheek...and my point is we could speculate upon the religious views of just about everyone who ever lived that we have conflicting reports on...there has even been one absurd notion of a Darwin deathbed conversion which absolutely DID not happen...but unless they themselves stated very clearly what they personally believed...it doesn't amount to a hill of beans...and since religion is a personal choice..why should it matter what religion anyone famous or infamous practiced anyway?

I would have to disagree. Ethics has a difficult time reaching convergence on its own let alone with religous assumptions being brought into it.

You seem to advocate a pragmatic justification of religous beliefs, but many people don't hold religous beliefs because of pragmatic reasons, they hold them because they think such beliefs are true.

No bro. I do not advocate the justification of religious beliefs at all...I advocate peace and love and nonviolent resistance. I began advocating these without the help of an ancient vaguely written book of rules and I see nothing wrong with any messages promoting peace and love...as the peace and love message that is the basis of Christianity whether the Jesus character actually existed or not has been TAINTED beyond recognition by the foul stench of corruption and bigotry hatred misogyny homophobia jealousy etc etc etc that is the grotesque disgusting, putrid, abhorrent elitist evil THING that it has morphed into...it no longer advocates peace or love and so I have no further use for it.

No, "it" still does advocate peace and love. People have not changed throughout history. There are many people that will do what it takes to further their own personal agenda; people who claim to be religious are not exempt from this. I am a deeply religious person. How someone lives their life does not change how I am called to live mine. Also, being a Christian does not give me or anyone else the right to curse those who do not consider themselves a Christian. And my church of 5000+ preaches this as well. There is no gay-bashing, etc, etc. Yes, there are people who are misguided and have done horrible things in the name of religion, but that's not to say that religion in itself is an evil thing. Religion isn't about fitting "God" into your plans.

Archived