The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who's Number 1?

Take your pick and discuss why or why not?

Regular Season:

Seth Jones: Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM 2012-13 Portland Winterhawks WHL 61 14 42 56 33 46 21 5 10 15 4

Nathan MacKinnon: Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM 2012-13 Halifax Mooseheads QMJHL 44 32 43 75 45 40 17 11 22 33 12

Jonathan Drouin: Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM 2012-13 Halifax Mooseheads QMJHL 49 41 64 105 32 48 17 12 23 35 14

Memorial Cup: Games/Goals/Assists/Points/PIMS

Nathan MacKinnon Halifax Mooseheads 4 7 6 13

Jonathan Drouin Halifax Mooseheads 4 1 8 9 0

Seth Jones Portland Winterhawks 5 2 2 4 4

I think Jones as a Dman doesnt get the credit deserved in relation to Drouin or MacKinnon. You really cant go wrong with any of them. Jones has the talent to be a top flight defenceman. MacKinnon is a pure goal scorer. Drouin makes everyone around him better.

Personally to me I believe that Drouin is the best of the 3. His vision and ability to see the play before it happens is hard to find in a player. He makes everyone better on the ice and is a stud player.

MacKinnon is a fantastic goal scorer but is more of a 1 man army than Drouin. He reminds me of Kesler in that sense. It will translate well to the NHL but I would like to see him use his linemates better.

Jones is a supremely athletic player with size to go with it. That will bode well in the bigs. His stats arent as flashy but he is a defenceman. I think he is the number 1 pick based on COL needs a dman but also because he has that potential to be something special. My only gripe with him having been to most of the Winterhawks home games is that he shy's away from contact. He will throw a hit but he avoids taking hits. That is good but he needs to know that he will get hit and that it is ok.

While it makes sense for Roy to look to the Q, since he obviously has seen MacKinnon play a number of times the AV's already have Duchene, O'Reiley and Statsny in the Club. All of them are pretty young so I'm not sure where MacKinnon would fit unless they trade a centre. I can't see the AV's passing on the local boy Jones either.

Droiun is the best offensive forward.

Mackinnon is the best all-around forward.

Jones is the best all-around defender.

All 3 players have the potential to be elite players in the NHL, and I don't think picking one of them over the others can really come back to haunt Colorado in anyway.

Archived