The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Avalanche coach wants to look into trading first overall

I'm yet to see this statement, the only thing Roy has stated in that they will entertain offers. Potential selling the 1st overall for multiple 1st round picks aka CBJ, CAL. The only time a goalie has been mentioned is if they take Mackinnon first overall it gives them room to move Stastny. Stastny for Miller which is only speculation from the Denver post.

Roy himself has said nothing about trading the first for a bonafide starting goalie.

I love the Mackinnon Crosby comparisons talk. It's all just hype, stories to generate interest in the future of hockey. He could be the next crosby or he might not, or maybe Drouin is the next Datsyuk, but drafted higher. No one knows, and it's near impossible to predict. Drafting one player does not give you an insta cup trading for one player does not give you an insta cup. I like the idea of moving pieces to obtain Mackinnon, or any top 5 pick really. If we can unload any of Luongo, Roy rights, raymond rights, booth, Ballard, Edler or our first in a combination to get #1, 2, or 3 and something else at least 1 player or prospect, I'd be happy.

Luongo, edler, prospect, and our first for, Someone in the top5 1st and second rounder or third rounder, plus Stasny or bujgstad, any younger second line potential player really. I'd be happy with that.

Luongo edler jensen, our first for

Mackinnon, Bujgstad, and a 3rd?

I love the Mackinnon Crosby comparisons talk. It's all just hype, stories to generate interest in the future of hockey. He could be the next crosby or he might not, or maybe Drouin is the next Datsyuk, but drafted higher. No one knows, and it's near impossible to predict. Drafting one player does not give you an insta cup trading for one player does not give you an insta cup. I like the idea of moving pieces to obtain Mackinnon, or any top 5 pick really. If we can unload any of Luongo, Roy rights, raymond rights, booth, Ballard, Edler or our first in a combination to get #1, 2, or 3 and something else at least 1 player or prospect, I'd be happy.

Luongo, edler, prospect, and our first for, Someone in the top5 1st and second rounder or third rounder, plus Stasny or bujgstad, any younger second line potential player really. I'd be happy with that.

Luongo edler jensen, our first for

Mackinnon, Bujgstad, and a 3rd?

garuntee you Mike gillis and all 29 Gms will do the best they can to try and get this pick. I think we do Have an edge because we have both an elite goaltender and elite offensive left handed defensemen. These are two positions that col needs to fill and I believe roy would feel comfortable with Luongo in net. That being said MG will have to over pay. It would be something like Luongo, Edler, 1st 2013, 1st 2014, shroeder for 1st overall, stastny. Duncan Siemens

why pick Mackinnon with that pick when you are losing a defenseman of Edler's caliber? Lu, Gaunce, and the 1st if you are picking Mackinnon. There's no point in keeping Gaunce if you are getting Mackinnon. Just like there's no point in keeping Edler if you are getting Jones.

why pick Mackinnon with that pick when you are losing a defenseman of Edler's caliber? Lu, Gaunce, and the 1st if you are picking Mackinnon. There's no point in keeping Gaunce if you are getting Mackinnon. Just like there's no point in keeping Edler if you are getting Jones.

Colorado may be open to trading their first overall.

But it'd take quite an offer to pry it away from them. They have an opportunity to draft a franchise player - Jones/Drouin/Mackinnon

For the Canucks to pry it away from them?

It would have to start with at least Luongo, prized prospect, 1st rounder, and maybe even a second rounder. This would be to start in terms of dialogue with the Avs.

Can't see Canucks getting any of the top 3 picks. Would be almost impossible. IF however, we could land one of the top three picks, without having to give a TON away. Gillis is genuis. If not, Gillis is moron.

This off-season is going to be interesting. Luongo will certainly be gone. The question is, to where. I think having Luongo will be tempting for Roy. An elite goalie, seeing perhaps, something in Luongo. Could give Lu an added sense of confidence in having an elite goalie in his time (in Roy), being confident in his abilities and skills. Good thing we are no longer in the same division as the Avs this coming season.

We're pretty thin in our prospects as it stands. Giving away more - like Gaunce, Jensen, Schroeder - is not the answer, UNLESS, we can get a pretty good return (once in a generation talent - like a Jones, or Mackinnon).

Gaunce is going to be a top 6 forward in this league. One of the things that you can just see. His release of the puck is NHL worthy for sure. Sure you can keep him as a 3rd line center, but the deal might need to incorporate him. I would say it probably would, if you want a guy like MacKinnon. It all depends on what is more important to the Avs as well. I would love to pop Schroeder in there instead of Gaunce, but the likelihood of that cutting it for the Avs in a deal like this is unlikely.

Gaunce being a top 6 forward in the league? Only time will tell. But one of the drawbacks on Gaunce has been his skating. Not the quickest, and fleetest of foot. But his Hockey IQ apparently, is pretty solid. Perhaps another "Hodgson" like player (minus, hopefully, the character issues). I'd like to believe that Gaunce can be a top 6 forward. Second line center at his maximum potential. Can't see Gaunce being a number one center.

Maybe the Canucks should just tank next season, and get Connor McDavid :D wow, wouldn't that change the face of the franchise.

Archived