The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Avalanche coach wants to look into trading first overall

That is the boldness we need from our gm. If they can get 2 firsts from columbus or Calgary, plus prospect, plus player, it could happen. 4 players for the price of 1 that has yet to play a game outside of JR.

For us to get first it would take something ridiculous like Corrado, Gaunce/Jensen, our first, and booth/other winger maybe. Cannata could make his way in their too.

Personally I would give them Booth, Raymond rights, Roy rights, Ballard and Luongo for first over all and our first rounder for their 2nd or third if they didn't take it. Hahaha. Essentially everyone we plan on moving anyways, and maybe our first.

Actually if Colorado added Booth, Raymond, Roy, Ballard, Luongo, and moved some their other excess pieces to fit in they might be playoff team next year??

Realistically, we have the pieces they need, and they need depth alot more than we do. One pick might not change everything, whereas bringing in an additional pick as well as a Top 2 Defenceman and more could build them up for a while. No matter who they take, they still have lots of work to do.

I'd offer up Edler, Schneider, Schroeder, 1st in 2013, 2nd in 2014 for 1st overall pick and Semyon Varlamov. We pick MacKinnon, and suddenly both us and Colorado look better.

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Nathan MacKinnon ($3.750m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Nicklas Jensen ($0.863m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.05m)/ Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Raffi Torres ($2.100m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.00m)/ Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Chris Tanev ($2.250m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Bobby Sanguinetti ($1.250m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Roberto Luongo ($5.333m)

Semyon Varlamov($2.833m)

Buyout: David Booth ($0.000m)

Cap Space: $58,889

hey, it works. lots of youth, and most of our core is intact.

No, because he's a dynamic powerful skater who has game changing abilities that come from his elite passing and shooting.

He's also a leader who was easily the most dominant player in the Memorial Cup. I think it's obvious for anyone that watched him, that he's far and above every other player his age. His hockey IQ is off the charts, just like Crosby's.

He'll easily be the best 1st overall pick of the last 5 years.

No, because he's a dynamic powerful skater who has game changing abilities that come from his elite passing and shooting.

He's also a leader who was easily the most dominant player in the Memorial Cup. I think it's obvious for anyone that watched him, that he's far and above every other player his age. His hockey IQ is off the charts, just like Crosby's.

He'll easily be the best 1st overall pick of the last 5 years.

I don't know about that claim, maybe the last 3 years but defiantly not 5 years

2012 Yakopov

2011 nudge

2010 Hall

2009 Tavares

2008 Stamkos

On top of that if COL has the #1 pick he most likely wont even be picked #1 overall, I could even see Florida picking Drouin over Mackinnon.

Mackinnon is good but he isn't on the same level as a Crosby Stamkos or Tavares

2012 Yakopov

2011 nudge

2010 Hall

2009 Tavares

2008 Stamkos

On top of that if COL has the #1 pick he most likely wont even be picked #1 overall, I could even see Florida picking Drouin over Mackinnon.

Florida has loads of center talent, When MacKinnon and Drouin are that close in ratings I could see them going after areas the are missing on talent. aka on the wing where Drouin plays. Then at the same time Tampa doesn't need another offensive center as they have Stamkos and Lecavier (both signed up long term) and since after the top 3, picks 4-7 are fairly close tampa may be interested in moving down a few slots and pick up a D or wing in calgarys position.

Florida prospect depth a center

Huberdeau

Shore

Bjugstad

Grimaldi

2012 Yakopov

2011 nudge

2010 Hall

2009 Tavares

2008 Stamkos

Florida has loads of center talent, When MacKinnon and Drouin are that close in ratings I could see them going after areas the are missing on talent. aka on the wing where Drouin plays. Then at the same time Tampa doesn't need another offensive center as they have Stamkos and Lecavier (both signed up long term) and since after the top 3, picks 4-7 are fairly close tampa may be interested in moving down a few slots and pick up a D or wing in calgarys position.

Florida prospect depth a center

Huberdeau

Shore

Bjugstad

Grimaldi

Archived