The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Avalanche coach wants to look into trading first overall

I meant last 5 meaning this year included.

He'll be the best of:

But he might be a better all around player than Stamkos though. Stamkos is fairly one dimensional IMO.

And no he likely won't be anywhere as good as Crosby, but he'll be the closest player to reach that level since Crosby IMO. And not to discredit Crosby's numbers at all because they were unbelievable in junior, but the QMJHL has gotten much more talented since then from what I've seen. Players aren't putting up the offensive numbers they used to in that league when the D being developed there were quite poor.

I meant last 5 meaning this year included.

He'll be the best of:

But he might be a better all around player than Stamkos though. Stamkos is fairly one dimensional IMO.

And no he likely won't be anywhere as good as Crosby, but he'll be the closest player to reach that level since Crosby IMO. And not to discredit Crosby's numbers at all because they were unbelievable in junior, but the QMJHL has gotten much more talented since then from what I've seen. Players aren't putting up the offensive numbers they used to in that league when the D being developed there were quite poor.

No, because he's a dynamic powerful skater who has game changing abilities that come from his elite passing and shooting.

He's also a leader who was easily the most dominant player in the Memorial Cup. I think it's obvious for anyone that watched him, that he's far and above every other player his age. His hockey IQ is off the charts, just like Crosby's.

He'll easily be the best 1st overall pick of the last 5 years.

Look again it should only take Luongo or Schneider, our 1st and a prospect or roster player to pry that away from Colorado. Anything more is a detriment to the team and will hurt more than help.

Ok, again Roy has stated he wants a bonafide starter goaltender if he will trade that #1. Roy Luongo and Allaire all have history...and they're French. Nobody is saying it will happen but if Roy is hellbent on an established starter....it kinda fits. Gillis again would be nuts not to kick the tires but would be foolish to overpay

Archived