The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What makes people so confident in Schneider, as our number 1?

BenDrinkin

Not sure why I expected more than a bunch of belittling from Luongo haters, par for the course here at CDC, as losers try to pump up their own self esteem up by attempting to bring others down.

Part of my point is that if we keep Schneider, we don't get as much in return, thus helping close the window of opportunity that this franchise has.

If you think this team will be good in 5 years, great, but I don't. I want to win now, and trading Lu ain't gonna make that happen.

Cory should be good, but only time will tell. And even if he IS good in five years, will it matter? (e.g. Luongo in Florida back in the day)

Hate on, my friends.

I understand that people think that he will be fine, but why? Never played as number 1, and never had a playoffs without injury (concerns).

Mark my words, we will go back to being a goalie graveyard. Hope I'm wrong.

No way, Schneider has a terrible attitude. Go back and watch some of his post or pre game interviews. You can find him touting himself as the better goalie at least 5 times this season. It is pretty ridiculous judging he still hasn't played an entire season as starter yet he is touted as an elite goaltender in the NHL by 50% of the Canucks fans and lets not forget that although bandwagon canucks fans love to claim that Schneider was our saving grace against LA two years ago....We lost that series in five games and Schneider was no better than the rest of his team. His play off record is despicable (1-4).

MG really destroyed this team and a great coach and one the NHL's best goalies ever to play the game are paying the price because he is too scared to take the blame,.

Todays Lu lovers are tomorrows Schneider haters. It's nice to see nothing changes on the CDC.

Luongo had his shot and blew it like the rest of the team. Time for him to go as we'll never win a cup while he wears a Canucks jersey and the longer this goes on the longer the drought. The goalie graveyard never went away here.

I for one am going to take the Lu lovers advice and support our current number one goaltender. That's Schneider until it isn't. But Lu is finished and I wish him the best wherever he goes.

As for Schneider's capabilities as the starter for this club time will tell but he's off to a great start. Luongo lost his job to him and the team seems to respond and play better in front of him.

AV is the one who started CS against LA 3 games in a row over Lou. That move, more than the fans calling for Lou's head, more than Lou's meltdowns, more than any other factor, is what sealed Lou's fate. That one move said "I think Schneider gives us the best chance to win" as plainly as was needed. And as much as I wanted CS to be the starter, doing it in that fashion was absolutely classless.

Also, yes I believe on CS more than Lou. I have always felt that Lou was too big a head case to be a champion. CS is younger, faster, technically more sound than Lou and, over the years, will not cost as much. He's also not locked into a decade long contract.

As for Lou getting to game 7, he didn't put this team on his back and carry them to game 7. The series was pretty much in hand until Lou's meltdowns forced a 7 game series.

Was I confident in Schneider over Luongo?

Nope.

Am I confident Schneider can be our number 1?

Yep.

To me Luongo is a better goalie right now. The question is, will Schneider become the better goalie? Find out next year if they actually follow through with shipping Luongo out.

He is a top goalie in the league, but has had issues in lacing up for playoff games, and hasn't played a full season as the number one, so why does (seemingly) everyone have so much faith in him?

Why did he even miss the first two playoff games this year? Injury? Stress?

I imagine this is in the wrong forum, or it is redundant, or stupid (by some people's standards), etc, so I'm sorry in advance.

I just have a strong feeling that keeping Schneider will be a mistake.

AV is the one who started CS against LA 3 games in a row over Lou. That move, more than the fans calling for Lou's head, more than Lou's meltdowns, more than any other factor, is what sealed Lou's fate. That one move said "I think Schneider gives us the best chance to win" as plainly as was needed. And as much as I wanted CS to be the starter, doing it in that fashion was absolutely classless.

Also, yes I believe on CS more than Lou. I have always felt that Lou was too big a head case to be a champion. CS is younger, faster, technically more sound than Lou and, over the years, will not cost as much. He's also not locked into a decade long contract.

As for Lou getting to game 7, he didn't put this team on his back and carry them to game 7. The series was pretty much in hand until Lou's meltdowns forced a 7 game series.

Link ANY interview, or anything at all where Schneider says he is the better goalie. Against LA last playoffs he posted a GGA of 1.31 with a Sv% of .960, which is amazing. He was fantastic, it was the rest of the team that was horrible. Nice random numbers you pulled out of your ass too, btw.

Archived