The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What makes people so confident in Schneider, as our number 1?

BenDrinkin

I'm not so sure poetica is so far from the likes of Apollo, in a topic that asks us why we are confident with Cory as our starter I have only seen her show bad stats for Cory and defend Lou, but "say" she's a fan of Cory. She's just a wolf in sheeps clothing and is one of the leaders in comparing and continuing the Cory vs. Lou mess when it's a pointless argument Lou's going to be gone.

Nah you're just reading it wrong because of your position. It's not Cory she's attacking it's your ridiculous arguments. As soon as it got to a point where you couldn't seem to make even the slightest bit of an intelligent argument you went right to this wolf in sheep clothes stuff.

I'm not sure what ridicules argument your referring to? She digs up stats that favor Lou that are designed to continue the Lou vs. Cory debate in a forum that asks why we are confident in Cory but claims to be a Cory fan???? How is that not a wolf in sheeps clothing?? It's the definition of it???

Wow, probably should have kept reading the rest of the thread before I went and posted to support Cory. Apparently it's going to confuse the hell out of some people. (Of course, they've been able to conveniently ignore all of the other posts I've made in support of Cory anyway, so maybe not...)

I've replied to people's comments about Luo with stats about Luo. The fact that some of you can't understand the difference between defending Luo and saying that that somehow magically means something bad about Cory is the result of your own bias. You think Luo is bad and therefore Cory must be good, not because he is good on his own merit but only because he's not Luo. As a result of your own messed up logic, you can't understand that I might think Luo being good does not equal Cory being bad. I'm tired of trying to explain that to people who obviously aren't going to get it, and I don't have the time (or talent) to create a picture book that might help.

How do you figure that? Cory's only played in playoff games in 3 seasons.

2010/11 - 5 games, 0 wins, .915 SV%, 2.58 GAA

2011/12 - 3 games, 1 win, .960 SV%, 1.31 GAA

2012/13 - 2 games, 0 wins, .880 SV%, 4.62 GAA

Where's the consistency in that?

In fact, if you actually look over their stats, regular season or playoffs, Luo has been more consistent from year to year than Cory has. But, of course, it's still early into Cory's career to read too much into that, especially when he was a backup for almost all of it.

Last year Cory was basically the starter light and this year he was crowned, deservedly or not, as the sole starter. So, those 2 seasons may be the most fair for comparison. Last season, Cory started 28 games, won 20, had a .937 SV%, and a 1.96 GAA. This season, he started 30 games, won 17, had a .927 SV% and a 2.11 GAA.

I like to dig up the dirt on people I support as well.

;)

But nice to see you can support our goalie (at times) as well, keep it up.

Now that you are supporting Cory, are you confident with Cory as our #1? If so why? I'm sure the reason can't be the stats you were so kind to share with us.

Wow, Nino. Days after I asked you finally found a single post that you think shows me crapping all over Cory....and then you only quoted PART of it to help support your claim and ignored all context.

Go back and look at /topic/345674-what-makes-people-so-confident-in-schneider-as-our-number-1/page__st__90#entry11423912">the message in question and notice that I was responding to the statement, "Schneider has shown he can bring something Lou cannot: consistency." No, he hasn't. That's not dissing Cory, that's being realistic which is what I've repeatedly implored people to be. As I put it in /topic/345674-what-makes-people-so-confident-in-schneider-as-our-number-1/page__view__findpost__p__11430646">another post,

Or if that's not clear enough, how about this quote from yet /topic/345674-what-makes-people-so-confident-in-schneider-as-our-number-1/page__view__findpost__p__11423840">another post?

Or, how about this /topic/345964-playoff-goaltending-pressure-cracks-even-the-best-of-them/page__view__findpost__p__11433481">other post in which I defended Cory against essentially the flip side of the inconsistency argument when someone said he's more likely to crack in the playoffs:

In that post, I go on to defend Cory from this year's playoffs and praise his playoff performance last year, saying that he may have gotten only 1 win he played well enough to earn 3. I ended that message saying, "So, let's throw our support behind whichever is our starter next year (most likely Cory) and focus on the problems with the rest of our team (lowered scoring, less shooting, crappy PP, below 50% faceoff wins, etc.), which are far more worrying than either goalie."

I get you want me to say Cory is "better" than Luo because it would make you feel better, but that's not going to happen. He's not proven to be, so I'm not going to say it. Instead, how about I just quote the rest of the very post you quoted as your "proof" of me hating on Cory?

And since I showed you mine, it's your turn. Please explain why you think pointing out Cory's SV% and GAA from the last 2 seasons (and saying that those are likely the only 2 of his that can fairly compared due to sample size) is somehow proving I don't support him or don't have confidence in him. Remember, you are the one who seems to think they're insults.

I can agree with you about this.

What I can't understand is why Lou fans toss Cory under the bus just because he's not Lou. Lou wants to go, our management wants him to go and we are lucky that we have a goalie that has been groomed by Lou that can fill his shoes, better or worse is yet to be seen.

Even some of the lou homers that "say" they support Cory... Cough....cough...poetica, spend half there day trying to prove that Lou is a better goalie but what dose it matter who is the better goalie. It's about who our goalie is and as much as it hurts some it's Cory.

Now back to the topic title, I have confidence in Cory as our number one because he is an outstanding goalie that has only who has excelled at every level he's played at including the NHL. His only blemish was this years playoffs but in his defense the team was all but done mentally when he came in and was coming in off an injury and cold.

Poetica, how about you?

BUT!!! I will say without contradiction, had LOU played and lost,It wouldn't have been his fault.

Cory did come in and Cory lost the last 2 games without a doubt.Even after he was replaced with LOU.

CORY is NOT the goalie to go forward with.

That series was on AV for not coaching and MG for not getting players that could help (well and letting 10 mil cap space sit on the sideline) neither goalie is at blame and just a side note, your nuts.

Riviera82, i find your attempt at trolling to be just quite pathetic and like idiot level trolling.

I mean honestly, if you're going to try and make someone angry, step up your game.. Seriously, i mean it's just comedic!

Yeah, he's only won 233 of his 406 games played in as a Canuck (that's 57%). What a bum!

That's barely a better than the 2 goalies with the most wins this season (Lundqvist & Niemi, with 24 wins in 43 games, or 55%.)

And it's a whole 2% below last year's goalie with the most wins (Rinne, with 43 wins in 73 games, or 59%.)

And his average as a Canucks is a full 5% below the 2010/11 goalie with the most wins (Luongo, with 38 wins in 60 games, or 63%.)

What a loser!

Riviera82, i find your attempt at trolling to be just quite pathetic and like idiot level trolling.

I mean honestly, if you're going to try and make someone angry, step up your game.. Seriously, i mean it's just comedic!

Archived