The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What makes people so confident in Schneider, as our number 1?

BenDrinkin

It's more of the fact that he cost less than Luongo, and that we can use that extra salary space to give Schneider a better team. Plus, he's younger and has a good attitude. If he doesn't work, Eddie Lack isn't too far away.

Delusional....

How many 7 goal meltdowns in the playoffs does 7uongo need to have before you wake up?

7uongo is a hack and needs to go. He had a terrible regular season this year and his twitter posts are immature and unfunny.

The only thing I have in common with him is I want him out as much as he wants out. Ship his arse to Florida already. Heck I'll even pack his bags and yours.

Actually he has played a full season as a number one . In is last year in Manitoba where he played 60 games. Let me ask you this a few years ago what makes you think Loungo was going to be any better when he first came here? He was the same age (27) as Schnieder when he came to Vancouver. Never played in a Hockey market like Vancouver. Never played on a winning team in the NHL and NO PLAYOFF Experience until he got here. So If your going to give Roberto a chance then why don't you give the same to Cory????

Paying an unproven goalie 4 million a year was a mistake to begin with. If he was somewhere between 2-3, then i would understand the "make cap room to bring in better players" argument. But if the difference is a million and change, Luongo would be much more worth the value.

Paying an unproven goalie 4 million a year was a mistake to begin with. If he was somewhere between 2-3, then i would understand the "make cap room to bring in better players" argument. But if the difference is a million and change, Luongo would be much more worth the value.

Doesn't matter who goalie is the number 1 here people just going to nag and nag and nag regardless. I'm glad the players ignore what the media and fans say. No wonder Lu likes it better in Florida.

Good Apollo people get sick of your constant Lu this and that. Nothing wrong with going with him. Later. Don't let the door slam on you on your way out.

People got to stop making up these goalie threads or my buddy Apollo going to be all over it. Worst bias I've ever seen in Canucks fan history.

Roberto had 115 career wins and 27 career shutouts when he came to van at 27 years of age. hell of a lot more expierence than cory at the same age. and has shown he can play 60+ games year after year. corys only done it once. that's the difference.

You want us to get younger and then u compare to penguins who are sitting the younger goalie over the more experienced?

Cory will never be better than Luongo. His absolute choke job on the playoffs proved it.

Talk to me when he has more playoff wins than playoff panic attacks.

You want us to get younger and then u compare to penguins who are sitting the younger goalie over the more experienced?

Cory will never be better than Luongo. His absolute choke job on the playoffs proved it.

Talk to me when he has more playoff wins than playoff panic attacks.

Lou has far more "chokes" in the playoffs then Cory and he wasn't coming cold off an injury. Talk to me when Cory has as many chokes as Lou. Lou is being traded because management is afraid of his all to well known choking, and nobody will take him because its all to well known.

He is a top goalie in the league, but has had issues in lacing up for playoff games, and hasn't played a full season as the number one, so why does (seemingly) everyone have so much faith in him?

Why did he even miss the first two playoff games this year? Injury? Stress?

I imagine this is in the wrong forum, or it is redundant, or stupid (by some people's standards), etc, so I'm sorry in advance.

I just have a strong feeling that keeping Schneider will be a mistake.

I can't help but wonder what all the Cult of Lou would say if their hero was thrust into two straight playoff series where his team was already down 2-0 and he was rushed back into service for the second one while recuperating from a groin injury. After all there were countless people here cutting Lou all kinds of slack YEARS after his groin injury...

Why can't people check the stats before spouting off opinions like facts? Case in point, I posted the numbers for "choking" games above on this very page. Luo has let in 4 or more goals in only 16 of his 62 playoff starts. Cory has let in 4 or more twice in his only 6 playoff starts. Yes, he should have never started this year, but if excuses aren't accepted for Luo's bad games they shouldn't be for Cory's either.

The truth is neither is terrible, neither is perfect. Both will do a decent job most nights but both need a decent team in front of them.

Roberto had 115 career wins and 27 career shutouts when he came to van at 27 years of age. hell of a lot more expierence than cory at the same age. and has shown he can play 60+ games year after year. corys only done it once. that's the difference.

Archived