The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Well... Was San Jose that good or ...

Lui's Knob

I thought we played an OK series at best. I felt the same team that showed up in 2012, showed up this year too. AV's coaching tactics were stale with our team, and there were quite a few internal issues within the group (Luongo-Schnieder issue).

Not to mention the fact that we have many players, as well as many within our organization that have continuously started crap with the referee's in the past couple of years, which in turn, doesn't really help our case.

LA is going to get their butt handed to them by Chicago or the Wings. The LA / Sharks series is not nearly as intense as Hawks / Wings. Sharks just aren't that great 5-on-5, and without the refs handing out power plays like candy, they were finished.

Yes, we just suck!

Never think San Jose is that great of a team that will win it all this year, and the lost in the second round further proves that if the Canucks are the biggest choker in the Playoffs, the Sharks won't be far behind in second.

Yes, we just suck!

Never think San Jose is that great of a team that will win it all this year, and the lost in the second round further proves that if the Canucks are the biggest choker in the Playoffs, the Sharks won't be far behind in second.

I didn't want SJ to lose - because I find that the LA Kings are a very sketchy team when it comes to calls. That Sedin 'soccer kick' (which it wasn't because it was skate on the ice and deflected in) was disallowed and the guy reviewing it was an LA Kings alumni.

First though, I think it's too common to make excuses about 'favorable' calls. The Canucks did bad.

Canucks took WAY too many penalties. No team taking that many penalties deserves to make it to the second round. A lot of those penalties were just undisciplined/shockingly bad. Rare PP goals and too many weak PKs.

Line matchups were a disaster. Couture totally dominated the Sedins. Sedins were very ineffective. Fourth line had more success than first line.

Defense? What defense? Edler was bad. Bieksa was bad. And those two are on the PP?

Schneider was brutal for these playoffs. Sure he made a few great saves, but there were so many softies, including that OT goal. Absolutely brutal. It wasn't all his fault. AV was a total moron for putting in a cold goalie. I'm glad that he is gone.

Edler on the PP = AWFUL.

Canucks contributed to the screwing over CBJ by letting Minnesota go into OT. Canucks were playing like crap that game.

Basically, I'm a Canucks fan but I'm glad that our playoffs are over. It is clearly a time to move on - AV deserved to get kicked out, along with the assistants.

Archived