The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Well... Was San Jose that good or ...

Lui's Knob

I don't know why it bothers me but the saying "just sayin" gets me. I mean what are you just saying? You just said it we know what your saying you dont need to tell us your just saying its already been done, it has to be the most redundant thing you could possibly say. It's a compleat waste of time and energy to even say... much like this post.

I think SJS were good against the LAK and they were able to keep up with them, which is quite a feat within itself. But we weren't even close to good. We didn't want to play, we expected things to be handed to us... not going to happen in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

they played a full 4 games. Canucks played a full 2 games....Can't win if you just float around for half the game.

Officiating is NOT valid excuse, when you get penalties you kill them off. Canucks couldn't nor could they score on their PP's. We didn't play enough to even deserve to be considered a playoff team imo.

Luongo was literally the only that played great for every game.

No, SJ isn't bad. They're just a lot better when they ice those extra players in the zebra jerseys, which they weren't able to do in every game of the LA series.

And I maintain that it was as unfair to SJ as it was to us, because winning with the aid of biased reffing deprived them the chance to earn the series win and along the way to see what was working, what wasn't and what adjustments they needed to make to go even deeper.

Yeah we sucked, and we're going to suck next year too unfortuantely.

Can't wait until MG tries to resell us again on the same crappy team, or wait he already did that.

I guess all the millionaires are still making money so who gives a crap.

Sharks sorely missed Raffi Torres. With him being suspended (shouldn't have been "for the series" and Havlat being hurt (not surprising), their depth just got demolished. They had to use Pavelski on the 2nd line, making the 3rd/4th lines essentially just minute munchers. They could've beaten the Kings, but they've had this curse where they fall asleep during the second periods every game.

They also took 3 offensive zone penalties in game 7, including one by Bracken Kearns (great name, but a 4th liner, or as Burish put it "beer league guy").

Since the beginning of the 2010-2011 season, the Canucks are the best team in the NHL even to this day, in my opinion. The biggest enemy of this team is themselves, really. This team has the capability and after the Cup loss, it seems as if they don't really care anymore. We basically have the same team from the Cup finals, and it seems they're content with losing in the first round, back to back.

As for the question, no, San Jose was not that good (sweep). The Canucks were just bad!

read my sig guys. Most lop sided officating in recent history. Nothing is going to change next year. Our opponent will have at least a chunk of the powerplays again regardless of who we play. I'm not sure why, maybe the refs hate us too. Saying it as it is. Not afraid of saying it. I never once questioned the refs the past 4 seasons, but to hand the other team 130% more powerplayls on average 6 powerplays per game, is really handing the other team a free ticket to round 2.

They were indeed that good. Their role players played, we once again made an opposing goalie look like a Vezina winner and our players just...didn't care outside of Luongo and Kesler. People can blame refs and power plays etc etc etc. But AV was outcoached, we were outplayed and they just couldn't beat LA at home. That really is all there is to it.

read my sig guys. Most lop sided officating in recent history. Nothing is going to change next year. Our opponent will have at least a chunk of the powerplays again regardless of who we play. I'm not sure why, maybe the refs hate us too. Saying it as it is. Not afraid of saying it. I never once questioned the refs the past 4 seasons, but to hand the other team 130% more powerplayls on average 6 powerplays per game, is really handing the other team a free ticket to round 2.

we are nowhere close to being in the same league as the teams that will be in the final four this year.

in so far as next year is concerned, the best we can expect Gillis to do, based on his track record, is re-sign and turn over plugs. we will get no further than SJ did this year because the other contenders are and will continue to be miles above us.

Since the beginning of the 2010-2011 season, the Canucks are the best team in the NHL even to this day, in my opinion. The biggest enemy of this team is themselves, really. This team has the capability and after the Cup loss, it seems as if they don't really care anymore. We basically have the same team from the Cup finals, and it seems they're content with losing in the first round, back to back.

As for the question, no, San Jose was not that good (sweep). The Canucks were just bad!

Archived