The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5 years ago today, Luc Bourdon passed away

No 21 year old or any age rider should start on a 1000cc bike, sadly us young men think we are invincible, I have no doubt he would have developed into a Norris trophy candidate at minimum, and our #1 dman with edler at #2, RIP LUC hope burrows and letang are making you proud

I also hope other young athletes learn from his misfortune, and understand the excitement doesn't outweigh the risk and that his accident saves future lives

I still remember getting the news about his passing. I was in Stats class and a friend texted me. I thought she was messing around so I responded by telling her she was stupid for thinking a joke like that was funny. And then a few others texted me and I realized it was actually true.

You know, there's no way of telling how good a hockey player he would have been. But that's not why his death is sad. It's not about losing Luc the hockey player. It's about losing Luc the person. I'm sure it's still hard on his family to realize that they lost him while he was in the prime of his life. That is the really tragic part.

RIP Luc

This was actually a difficult topic to read. It really bummed me out that summer. He had so much potential and such a great career ahead of him :(

RIP Luc. Your missed by so many.

Archived