The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reffing

RDA96

That Bolland hit that led to the game wining goal last night in Chicago looked a lot like sedins hit in game 4 I have seen people "Crosscheck" players much like bieksa did that led to a penalty vs San Jose. I'm not blaming the refs for losing the series because we where out played by SJ but it seems the refs never give us any calls yet we are called for nit picky things. Just my opinion what do you think?

Looks shoulder to shoulder, but also it could be deemed a hit from behind. Could it be the ref's atoning for the 3rd period botched call. (Ref is right next to them by the way)

Carl Gunnarsson got stapled by Milan Lucic with the same hit Daniel Sedin threw on Tommy Wingells (Which drew a penalty) and got NO CALL.

Controversy follows Gary Bettman, David Stern, Bud Siegel and Roger Goodall around like a bad band-aid.

This is not a rant about the Vancouver Canucks ill treatment, this is just a general observation and a league wide problem.

I am disappointed in the Canucks for they're lack of how shall we put it (Effort) They have the talent but for whatever reason lacked heart when it matters. (But the Ref's also played a part in it - Cue Makaveli's videos and past playoff history)

But this is a league wide problem. The breakdown in communication and inconsistent calls with the refs in a game this season between the Canucks and Hawks in Chicago was clearly evident.

Like many have stated, we wont completely bash the ref's. They game moves fast around them. But the best refs are the ones you never hear about. The ones who stay transparent.

As long as big money & high stakes rule professional sports. I think it is OK to question the integrity of the people running the game.

Don't forget your tickets range between 100-400 a pop per person. You have the right to voice your opinion.

i think the refs screwed over detroit. first in game 6, on the worst penalty shot call in my lifetime, and then once again last night. I don't get the problem with the hjarlmesson (sp?) goal, as the whistle blew well before the shot was taken, but that penalty shot... oh my.

Meh. Hawks would've won anyway.

The NHL is just using brutal reffing to extend series to force 'dramatic' conclusions in order to boost ratings in the states.

The drawback is that they're ticking off the established fans who can see right through this bs. But the NHL will appease those fans by granting their teams losing efforts in finals every 20 years or so. Oh goodie.

Archived