The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monsanto Website Down-Anonymous Claims Hack

nucklehead

Hackers from the Anonymous collective claimed to have infiltrated the website for the biotech giant Monsanto, which has been the subject of recent international protests.

The cyber-attack was carried out as part of #OpMonsanto, an attempt to demonstrate against Monsanto’s reach into every aspect of the food industry, from nature to farmers to consumers. The corporation’s main website, Monstanto.com, appeared to have been briefly disabled Wednesday night.

People ARE doing something...they are marching and boycotting which will be far more effective because the companies USING the genetically modified crap take far more notice of grass roots campaigning and the profit margin slipping because of a growing number of folks realizing what Monsanto is....than some hoodlums crashing a website.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Anonymous need to do something a little more than hack a website down.

Come one Anonymous! "Transfer" some funds and pay to have people blow some s*** up or put out some hits on some of the big wigs. I'm sure you guys can hack their own bank accounts or some s***. Come on people, you want change? Change won't happen if you ask nicely, sorry but that's the sad truth, things gotta get bloody before things get better. Pick up an AK and hit the forest, Red Dawn style, take the power back! We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!

I didn't say Anonymous was going to cause more problems...what I was talking about is Monsanto, you can bet your ass, is going to use this little stunt as fuel against those of us who protest against them...Anonymous gave them ammunition that they didn't have...how in the **** is this a good thing? If you poke a rattlesnake...does it just sit there and do nothing...no...it ****ing strikes. These dicks should have left well enough alone. If you were part of the boycott, and you were trying to raise awareness, and you were doing all you could to get people to see how evil Monsanto is...you'd understand where I'm coming from. To repay one criiminal act with another is ****ing pointless.

Crashing their website is lousy ammunition for Monsanto.

I don't like your analogy because a rattlesnake will strike without you poking it.

Saying I don't understand because I'm not part of the boycott is insulting. You assume I'm ignorant and I'm not part of the boycott at the same time.

Anonymous is tremendously popular--don't let the government and her buttbuddies fool you.

I think all this does is let a powerful presence be known for the good guys.

Robin Hood was popular too. Anonymous are still criminals and I don't appreciate them sticking their nose into this. Lousy ammunition for Monsanto...ok...whatever dude...if you're condoning this type of behavior and think for a second this is the way to actually get something done POLITICALLY about this...you're fooling yourself.

Archived