The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Monsanto Website Down-Anonymous Claims Hack

nucklehead

Comparing Anonymous to Robin Hood is a compliment.

There is as such a thing as the good criminal.

Everything Anonymous does has a political impact. There is a reason they were declared as Time Magazine's most influential people in 2012. This is how they often announce their stance on social issues. This is just the beginning.

Crashing their website is lousy ammunition for Monsanto.

I don't like your analogy because a rattlesnake will strike without you poking it.

Saying I don't understand because I'm not part of the boycott is insulting. You assume I'm ignorant and I'm not part of the boycott at the same time.

Anonymous is tremendously popular--don't let the government and her buttbuddies fool you.

I think all this does is let a powerful presence be known for the good guys.

Knock yourselves out, man. If you get cancer from GMO corn and other GMO grown foods or your organs begin to fail at an alarming rate because you chose to continue taking the poison into your body, don't say we didn't warn you.

I'm just not anti science. I believe that progress is important. I'm not stuck in the idea that I need amish principles in my food I'm not stuck in the 50's when it comes to food. Bio engineering food is an ability we have and something that should be used. We use bioengineering in medicine, why would we not use it in food production?

The purpose of the boycott and the protests is to educate and spread awareness...this is the exact opposite of what this little prank by Anonymous accomplishes. Anyone with a sliver of a brain in their head and any knowledge of the US and politics knows that cyberterrorism is not the way to spread awareness of this situation. It's not that difficult to understand then why I cringed when I read the OP yesterday....I know how things get done here, and it's through the education and spreading of awareness...informing the population...most of which don't have a clue what Monsanto is or what precisely was just passed under their noses by the half-wits in our Congress. Making them defensive is going to accomplish nada.

Anon are just a bunch of no life loser nerds with nothing better to do. Whoopee doo, you took down a website. This has little to no long term effects and is just a big attention grab. Not that I'm a Monstano fan, just can't stand annoying hackers, spammers and generally people who make other people's business online their own. The Internet has really ruined a lot of lives I'm just glad it wasn't around when I was a kid. Actually had a normal childhood and went outside. My future kids will be thankful I don't let them waste away online.

Who is this "we"? GMO corn has been shown to cause cancer in rats that were fed a steady diet of it...that's not anti science...it's common sense. Me, anti-science? Please. Progress is indeed important...but you're not going to have any progress if Monsanto's poison ultimately kills everyone, are you?

If anyone is intrested, heres a couple links related to this topic. Must read.

New hidden law allows planting and sales of GMO seeds even if they are found to be toxic.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/latestnews/new-hidden-law-allows-monsanto-to-plant-and-sell-gmo-seeds-even-if-they-are-later-found-to-be-toxic/

Dumbing down society, food, beverages and medications.

http://vigilantcitizen.com/vigilantreport/dumbing-down-society-part-i-foods-beverages-and-meds/

finally something useful added to the discussion, thanks dilly. there are numerous other articles from numerous countries that elaborate on Monsanto and their poisons. The study on GMO corn that discovered that rats fed a steady diet of it get cancer was French. All anyone has to do is google Monsanto.

Anon are just a bunch of no life loser nerds with nothing better to do. Whoopee doo, you took down a website. This has little to no long term effects and is just a big attention grab. Not that I'm a Monstano fan, just can't stand annoying hackers, spammers and generally people who make other people's business online their own. The Internet has really ruined a lot of lives I'm just glad it wasn't around when I was a kid. Actually had a normal childhood and went outside. My future kids will be thankful I don't let them waste away online.

I am diligently trying to find more information on the science journal that a Monsanto employee has been put in charge of...looks like the stench of THIS corruption is going to linger for a while. I really wish people would wake up and understand exactly what these evil bastards are up to. Their greed and disregard for human life is abhorrent. Come on anonymous...do some physical damage to this corporation and their minions, their subsidiaries...get off your asses, away from the keyboard and ****ing DO something....take out a building, stage a physical protest...then, I wouldn't have a problem with you helping out.

Take your poison...no thanks...there aren't many things I'd protest publicly and take the chance on being arrested over...food safety is most certainly one of them.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Committing a crime to combat a crime makes no sense and gets absolutely nothing constructive done.

Archived