The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At least we make the playoffs

Van bc

Why are so many people up in arms over us getting swept in the playoffs. Last year we didn't get swept and we played pretty good but still got kicked out first round. Some teams like us have also never won the Stanley cup in fact only half the league has ever won the cup and 14 teams every year miss the playoffs completely so we should be happy with that. Imagine if we were missing the playoffs year after year? we should be happy with our over paid, under achieving brutal contracted playoff making team because it could be worse. Toronto missed the playoffs 9 years in a row now that would suck. The Flames and oilers missed the playoffs for multiple years after making it to the Stanley cup finals. Teams like buffalo and Washington have never won anything so its not so bad being us so relax and watch some playoffs year after year and enjoy because its as good as it gets.

Although I'm thankful for making the playoffs, if you have a team good enough to make it, they should be able to pull it together and win the Cup....

I watch hockey because I want to see my team go all the way, not have an early exit.

Some people will find something to whine about no matter what happens and be overly pessimistic. It is natural however to be disappointed.

For most people (not the loudest minority of mouth breathers) it's a matter of this team not achieving on a level we think it should. This team should have made it past the 1st round only because we were and are a better team than San Jose. The fact that we got swept by them only rubs salt into the wound.

I remember what it was like to cheer for this team when it actually did suck as much as some people say it does now. I remember having goalies that were actually as bad as what some here say Luongo is (and others will start to say Schneider is) I remember what it was like to actually have no real stars and a defense that made swiss cheese jealous.

Although I'm thankful for making the playoffs, if you have a team good enough to make it, they should be able to pull it together and win the Cup....

I watch hockey because I want to see my team go all the way, not have an early exit.

Some people will find something to whine about no matter what happens and be overly pessimistic. It is natural however to be disappointed.

For most people (not the loudest minority of mouth breathers) it's a matter of this team not achieving on a level we think it should. This team should have made it past the 1st round only because we were and are a better team than San Jose. The fact that we got swept by them only rubs salt into the wound.

I remember what it was like to cheer for this team when it actually did suck as much as some people say it does now. I remember having goalies that were actually as bad as what some here say Luongo is (and others will start to say Schneider is) I remember what it was like to actually have no real stars and a defense that made swiss cheese jealous.

I often wonder (and if I'm being honest I've wondered this about you) but if people have such a bad time watching this team why do they still watch? I mean if you've gotten to the point where you're just flat out jaded why not move on. I mean it's obvious that there are people like you who have gotten jaded and you can tell by the opinions they put out that they don't take a lot of pleasure watching this team.

Makes me hope more and more that Seattle gets a team. Some people don't buy it but much of the reason we cheer for any team in particular is because of geography. Maybe people will be happier if there's another option nearby.

Half the teams in the NHL have never won the Stanley cup and they are happy to watch a NHL team in their home town compete year after year. Why should us canuck fans feel any different about our mediocre team what makes us more special to complain that we don't have what only half the teams in the NHL have? we have a NHL team that should be enough to remain a fan. Do you think the Flame and OIler fans would rather have their multiple cups or keep there teams? they would quickly keep their teams then past victories i'm sure. Winnipeg seems pretty happy with having won the same amount of cups as us and they don't even make the playoffs. Why do us canuck fans consider ourselves so special? no wonder the rest of the league hates and laughs at us

But I miss the Renny years. Messier was the greatest Canuck of all times...97/98 was our best year ever. Wasn't it? I mean that years team was hands down better than anything we've iced since 2002...people really forget and I am sorry to the OP but some of us want and expect a lot more than a first round exit in 4 games where our captain is looking off into space wondering what the weather is like in Sweden while the only push back our team is getting is from eating the game 3 food at the HP Pavilion in San Jose before game 4

But I miss the Renny years. Messier was the greatest Canuck of all times...97/98 was our best year ever. Wasn't it? I mean that years team was hands down better than anything we've iced since 2002...people really forget and I am sorry to the OP but some of us want and expect a lot more than a first round exit in 4 games where our captain is looking off into space wondering what the weather is like in Sweden while the only push back our team is getting is from eating the game 3 food at the HP Pavilion in San Jose before game 4

Archived