Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VoiceOfReason_

Laurence Gilman - Do not expect big changes - TEAM1040

238 posts in this topic

I am paraphrasing, but his interview essentially said:

We love the core and have full faith in them. Fans expecting large changes are going to be disappointed.

Last time around trade deadline he said something and it didn't happen.

Captain going down with his ship.

Status quo and lots of excuses...

How bout a real definition of what "reset" means?

Wow

I think the front office could use a 'tearing a strip off' session from Gordon Ramsay or something

Well at the year-end presser MG said that he felt changes were necessary.... sorry but firing your coach and that's it isn't exactly a big change. The core is the problem, not the coach (even though I felt MG's decision to fire AV was the correct one). More changes are necessary than just firing the coach in order to improve the team.

I'm pretty sure they purposely say the opposite things just to screw with the media. I wouldn't read too much into either Gilman or Gillis. Nobody knows whats available, until it happens.

I think MG kinda hinted it 2 weeks ago on a team1040 interview that the AV firing will be the biggest off season change we will see this summer... :picard:

They're already setting up the excuses for when they fail to do anything significant this summer.

Also, if Eakins is #1 on their list and we lose him to NYR because we waited 2 weeks to do what everyone in the league knew would happen.. ill be so pissed with this management.

why does some people not listen to the news when it comes out....gillis has said that the core will stay the same and the supporting staff would change....this is a good team that lost for not being good enough....why change the core when with a some toughness added, this team will be okay.

Huge mistake. Our team isn't bad and maybe a coaching change will turn everything around, but I don't want to slowly descend into mediocrity, then atrocity. If our window has closed, rebuild right now. If it hasn't, add more pieces.