The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Turkish Police Assaulting Innocent Citizens With Fire Truck Hose

*Warning: This video is somewhat graphic and may be sensitive to some viewers*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JcAYApeiOo&feature=youtu.be

...Idk why, but 2 years ago to be exact, the occupy movement was at its peak, it also being the most trended word on Twitter that year. Not saying it's dead or anything now, but us being the general public from the looks of it have forgot about it. it's not a must to be supportive or even care, but just something I wanted to say which was on my mind.

And regarding that video, police everywhere - worldwide - are going buck! It's a disgrace when a society is expected to feel safe around these people when so many of them are bad cops...also heard that guy died, don't know if it's true but either way, shame on the police; it's in Turkey btw. I know police brutality happens all the time, but this just takes it to a whole different level. Wow.

How often does public protesting actually work?

That guy also looked like he deserved it. What was he doing? It looked like he was egging them on to spray him and then beat their vehicle to get their attention. What did he think was going to happen?

I am referring to that man alone not all of the people there. He became hostile and acted in a manner that resembled riot behavior. If any person did what he did in any random situation in society they would have been arrested. Had he remained a peaceful protester and they still done that to him he would have had my full sympathy but he was nothing more than a rioter who went out of his way to beat on the law enforcements vehicle and instagate that incident. It was stupid and I personally don't support acts of anarchy and rioting to get change.

Archived