The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Turkish Police Assaulting Innocent Citizens With Fire Truck Hose

Since neither you or the tweeter know what agent orange is: The tweeter probably saw orangish tear gas and equated that with agent orange. Agent orange is not actually orange. IT is clear or grey depending on if or how much jet fuel is mixed with it. It is a defoliation and crop destroying gas. It has no use in crowd control. For immediate results its far less effective on people than simple tear gas is.

EDIT: Fun fact, agent orange was used here, in B.C. from 1965 to 72 as a plant killer to clear brush around train lines, transmission and hydro lines and maintenance roadways. 46,000 gallons were used during that time and there is evidence it was used for years afterwards in lesser amounts without any exact figures of how much or for how long.

You're right, I really didn't (thank you). :)

I thought it had an immediate impact.

Things appear to be escalating. Protestors demanding Erdogan's resignation. http://www.cnn.com/2....html?hpt=wo_c1

Istanbul (CNN) -- A day of clashes between protesters and riot police in Istanbul's Taksim Square suddenly changed dramatically Tuesday when police blanketed the area with massive clouds of tear gas and shot water cannons.

Tens of thousands in the square fled, while some in Gezi Park, which was also hit by tear gas canisters, chanted and launched fireworks in defiance.

Soon the square, home to days of protests over what demonstrators call an increasingly authoritarian government, was filed with chaos. Hugely loud bangs echoed through the area -- likely the result of stun grenades. Thousands packed back into Taksim Square, surrounding a large bonfire that they were fueling with whatever they could pick ups.

Prime Minister Recept Tayyip Erdogan's government had said it would allow protesters to remain in Gezi Park as long as they were peaceful. But CNN's Arwa Damon.

130611144644-20-turkey-0611-c1-main.jpg

*Warning: This video is somewhat graphic and may be sensitive to some viewers*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JcAYApeiOo&feature=youtu.be

...Idk why, but 2 years ago to be exact, the occupy movement was at its peak, it also being the most trended word on Twitter that year. Not saying it's dead or anything now, but us being the general public from the looks of it have forgot about it. it's not a must to be supportive or even care, but just something I wanted to say which was on my mind.

And regarding that video, police everywhere - worldwide - are going buck! It's a disgrace when a society is expected to feel safe around these people when so many of them are bad cops...also heard that guy died, don't know if it's true but either way, shame on the police; it's in Turkey btw. I know police brutality happens all the time, but this just takes it to a whole different level. Wow.

Archived