The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Glenn Healy takes a jab at Luongo?

chrisbanks

God your stupid...

Toronto doesn't need a goalie, Reimer is doing really fine and will become a star in the future. Why would Toronto trade for

another starter goalie when they have a rising star in Reimer who is cheaper, younger, and more resilency when things go to crap.

God your stupid...

Toronto doesn't need a goalie, Reimer is doing really fine and will become a star in the future. Why would Toronto trade for

another starter goalie when they have a rising star in Reimer who is cheaper, younger, and more resilency when things go to crap.

Are you idiots still arguing this? really?

Look I prefer going with Schnieds, I also felt Lou was a big reason we lost the cup, until this year. After seeing two more years where our goalies played well but our players dont score in the playoffs, and where if our goalies don't stand on their heads we lose...

ya kinda have to finally accept our issues are not in net...

we're lucky to have the quality goaltenders we have, and personally if moving schnieds and elder can get us a huge windfall of young studs and picks back, you have to consider it.

Apparently both FLA and COL are willing to move their pics (COL apparently wont take anything lower than #3).

Move Edler and Schnieds to Philly

Get Coutourier, Laughton and #11 pick back

Move Laughton and #11 to FLA for number 2

Work a deal with Col to get a swap or hold off from drafting Mckinnon

We take Mckinnon.

We give up Edler and Schnieds young talent for other young talent in areas we're lacking (center). I have always been trade lou but we're desperate for talent now and you have to give to get. We're deep at defense with Tanev and Corrado showing they can play, and therefore have time to draft another few dmen in the next 2-3 years. We also keep our first above so we can always take a dman late inthe first round.

Our talent and young depth goes from crap to great.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Burrows Kelser McKinnon

Jensen Cotourier Booth

Gaunce Lappy Hansen

In the future you have

Wing Mckinnon Kassian

Jensen Coutourier Wing

Wing Gaunce Wing.

Not bad

well he was still posting a .916 save% which is the same as Luongo's career playoff stats. So bad numbers or not?

and at the end of the day in game 7 he came away with a shutout

Edit: Luongo also had a chance in game 7 to redeem himself

Toronto media can't hide their anger that they didn't pry Luongo out of here for nothing.

They've been doing nothing but try to tear him down and lower his value ever since.

It's pretty pathetic for so called "professionals".

These type of posts, with respect are "ignorant" Why? because they take no account of ANYTHING else that affects the result. They are glib, puerile, soundbites and show a total lack of hockey insight or respect.

Luongo IS a great goalie. His record speaks for itself. I have lost count of the number of games, when we were being shut out he has kept us in the game. As I say above, go watch the first 2 games of the Finals. We should have lost them both......but for Lu.

I'm actually not that miffed by his comment.

It is no secret that one of the biggest components of a SC winning team is goaltending. Love Lu - everyone likely knows that - but he's had some moments that were ill timed. Do I blame our losses on him?...absolutely not. The lack of scoring was a big part of that.

But it's a combination of both and had he been lights out every game, which happens when some goaltenders get hot (look at TT and how that impacted things), it may have been closer. We may have been in games that turned around as a result of not letting in multiple goals in a row. You can't dispute that.

The team was dug into big holes at times and the goaltender's job is to prevent that. Even if the team isn't scoring, a goaltender has to do his part to make sure that's evened out. Lu didn't always do that. Having said that, we may not have made it TO the playoffs if it weren't for him, as he did keep us in games we had no business being in at times.

Can't blame Lu, but can't deny that some of the scores obviously didn't reflect well on him (either).

Goaltenders get hot/cold....that is a huge part of winning the SC. So is officiating, injuries, etc. Just wasn't lining up for us. But I took the comment with a grain of salt because goaltending lapses were part of why the wheels flew off for us.

Just another guy spoutin off. But there is a door open for it in this case.

I'm actually not that miffed by his comment.

It is no secret that one of the biggest components of a SC winning team is goaltending. Love Lu - everyone likely knows that - but he's had some moments that were ill timed. Do I blame our losses on him?...absolutely not. The lack of scoring was a big part of that.

But it's a combination of both and had he been lights out every game, which happens when some goaltenders get hot (look at TT and how that impacted things), it may have been closer. We may have been in games that turned around as a result of not letting in multiple goals in a row. You can't dispute that.

The team was dug into big holes at times and the goaltender's job is to prevent that. Even if the team isn't scoring, a goaltender has to do his part to make sure that's evened out. Lu didn't always do that. Having said that, we may not have made it TO the playoffs if it weren't for him, as he did keep us in games we had no business being in at times.

Can't blame Lu, but can't deny that some of the scores obviously didn't reflect well on him (either).

Goaltenders get hot/cold....that is a huge part of winning the SC. So is officiating, injuries, etc. Just wasn't lining up for us. But I took the comment with a grain of salt because goaltending lapses were part of why the wheels flew off for us.

Just another guy spoutin off. But there is a door open for it in this case.

Archived