The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Glenn Healy takes a jab at Luongo?

chrisbanks

The Canucks were healthy enough in game 7 to put 37 shots on Thomas while limiting the Bruins to only 20.

The real bottom line is that Luongo was great in 3 games but lousy or worse in 4. He is/was a supposedly elite player in the most important position in the game of hockey, but when the playoffs roll around he cant be counted on to give his team a chance every game. That's what elite, world class, generational talents do, right? They play great or at least decent all the time when the games are the most important. Sure, any player, elite or otherwise can have an off night here and there, that's understandable. Luongo however has had clusters of sub-par or questionable playoff games since 2009, his stats reflect this. Not 1 playoff season with a GAA under 2.50 or a Sv% over .915 since 2007. As a matter of fact, 2007 is the only thing propping up his career playoff stats from shoddy to ordinary.

They were putting shots on target .............THEY WERE NOT HEALTHY ..............FACT!

That was only a tribute to the team's grit and it annoys the hell out of me when people say they were soft.

"By the end of Game 6, the situation was as follows: Ryan Kesler (groin tear and hip problem), Dan Hamhuis (“core problem,” requires surgery, will miss beginning of next season), Henrik Sedin (back problems, since Round 1), Christian Ehrhoff (shoulder problem, may require surgery), Kevin Bieksa (bruised MCL from Rich Peverley slash), Alex Edler (back problems, two broken fingers on one hand), Chris Higgins (broken foot), Mason Raymond (fractured vertebrae), Sami Salo (groin tear), Andrew Alberts (undisclosed), and Mikeal Samuelsson (out since Round 2)."

I don't care if there were a 100 shots on Thomas, none of them were good enough to go in. He was protected and Lu wasn't. Hell Thomas was even allowed to do his own illegal enforcing with impunity.

As far as I'm concerned a fit Canucks team would have seen Boston out in 5 games.

Healy is a peice of S@#t, simple as that. I cant beleive CBC can only afford people like this, other then Ron and Don their people on HNC seems like throw aways that is all CBC can afford, sad day for canadians when our HNC is reduced to this crap.

If you combine the season's Healy played and the seasons Luongo has played, what you'd have are the best 11 seasons all belong to Roberto Luongo. The 12th best season, Healy may have a slight edge if you took the best of his 14 year career and compared that to Luongo's rookie season.

One of them is going to the Hall of Fame.

The other was a second rate backup who says stupid things alongside a bunch of other dimwits saying stupid things on a has-been network, the CBC.

It is so easy to take jabs at other world class calibre goaltenders when you have been out of the game for so long. Healy should keep his trap shut... he sucked in the position, after all. How many teams did he "try" to play for (as a second stringer)?

Have one great offensive night(4+ goals), like mostly every team had at least once and we win the Stanley Cup in 2011.

Team eliminated in 1st round

Game won by scoring at least 4 goals

Islanders #2 and #4

Maple Leafs #2

Ducks game #3

Team eliminated in the 2nd round

Senators #1(Habs), #3(Habs) and #5(Habs)

Rangers #3(Caps), #4(Caps), #7(Caps) and #4(Bruins)

Red Wings #2(Ducks), #6(Ducks), #2(Hawks)

Sharks #3(Nucks), #4(Nucks)

Team playing in the 3rd round

Penguins 1#(NYI), #3(NYI), #5(NYI), #6(NYI), #1(Sens), #2(Sens), #4(Sens) and #5(Sens)

Bruins #1(Leafs), #3(Leafs), #4(Leafs), #7(Leafs), #2(NYR)

Blackhawks #2(Wilds), #5(Wild) #1(Wings) #5(Wings), #6(Wings) and #2(Kings)

Kings #4(Blues) #2(Sharks)

Our 2011 Stanley Cup run, game #2 agaisnt Chicago, game #3 against the Preds, game #3 and #5 and of course never happened against the Bruins. So we played in 4 series, we have done it 4 times, look at the 4 teams that left in the playoffs, other than the Kings, every teams have done it more than us playing only 2 series plus one or 2 games.

We don't have a defensive team because it's our style, we have a defensive team because we can't score goals. We give a break to our goalie in game #7 by scoring 4 goals, we won the Stanley Cup series, we have an incredible night, we scored 5 goals in game #4 we lead the series 3 - 1.

If you are talking about the playoffs this year, he came in cold and played very inconsistently, if I remember correctly. In the 5-2 game he seemed to be playing quite well till the third period and then he let the flood gates open, if I remember correctly the majority of the goals in that third period were soft. Overall I'd say Schnieder played bad in this years playoffs. But, was he cold and possibly still injured? Idk. Look at the numbers he put up vs LA when the team didn't show up to a single game.

Funny how people come on here and try to discredit Lu when clearly he's done well for himself during his tenure. Not all goalies get to play for their country and win the gold or get to game 7 for the Cup. And for those "Canucks fans" who can't appreciate what Lu has done for this team must have only been a fan for 2 or so years. No knock in them...welcome to one of the most passionate hockey fans around but if you were a fan beyond Lu's tenure you would be calling him a blessing to this team. Goaltending was not so hot for most of Canucks existence and that's why the fans here were screaming for Luongo and he did not disappoint. He got us to Game 7 of the final series. We've only been able to do that once before EVER with a superstar Bure at the helm and amazing team full of heart. Up until this year he still looks fantastic if not better, and continues to work hard and improve. The fans couldn't ask for anything more from their goaltender.

With respect Deb I am never more riled than when I read about people comparing Lu to TT in these games

I challenge anyone to go and watch the last 5 games of the finals again and pay attention to Boston's defensive tactic of channelling our attacks into the centre of the ice.........I can remember a few times we got behind it and squared for an angled shot at goal with Thomas too far out..........but mostly in the first 2 games. (Torres in game 1, Daniel in game 2, Burr's wrap around in 2? Lapierre off a rebound in game 5)

After game 2 Boston changed and played more compact in defence using the Thomas bulk to close us out.

Thomas came 6 feet and more out of the crease to virtually eliminate the chance of a goal.

Now contrast how the Canucks left Lu open all the time (because their D pressed much more) and exposed him to counter attacks. Lu kept us in games 1,2 and 5 but our tactics asked far too much from our undefended goalie.

I say again Lu was our inspiration in these games (1,2,5) where was the D/offence.

healy fits right in with the rest off the cbc douches. can't wait for the saturday night contract to expire and with rogers owning so much in the nhl i'm guessing the unemployment line will be waiting for guys like him.

second off only an idiot for a head coach leaves in the starter for that kind of pummeling especially when the team completely stops playing, thats what back ups are for. third its the cbc i've come to expect nothing less than back handed compliments and character assassination from a team of over the hill dinosaurs who have little to nothing to offer anyone outside the toronto area.

Archived