The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dallas Stars unveil new uniforms

Why such negative feedback? Huuuuge improvement over their current set.

Sure they could have improved the logo, but at least it's a logo and just "Dallas" written on the front. I also like that someone is finally using green as the primary colour.

Better than the new Canes jerseys.

Why such negative feedback? Huuuuge improvement over their current set.

Sure they could have improved the logo, but at least it's a logo and just "Dallas" written on the front. I also like that someone is finally using green as the primary colour.

Better than the new Canes jerseys.

Posted this over on the Dallas board but figure I'll get more action on here.

I've been looking at the new "D-star" logo and it's irking me. The black part of the "D" around the right hand side of the curve is done to make the D look like it's a 3d object sitting on top of the star. At the bottom of the D, this black wall should either be completely unhindered by the star (because the D is entirely on top) or have the beveled peak of the star slightly cutting into the black portion of the D. Instead the inside of the two lower peaks of the star touch the silver part of the D as if they are at the same height, while the outer parts of the star show some distance below the D by allowing that black wall to continue.

The other issue is inside the center of the D, where that triangular piece of black cuts into the straight vertical bit on the D. I think it's supposed to be showing that the D is a block that is raised up, but the perspective is off. The two silver beveled edges on the D should be touching, since they are at the same height.

Hard to say with words, I'm adding a couple sketches (done in paint, no photoshop on my computer). I changed the black wall on the D to a dark grey so it stands out better in order to show what I'm meaning. Please ignore the poorly skewed star on the ones i made.

Original with weird 3d stuff circled

Dstars-1.jpg

First option: the D sits entirely on the star

DSlogob.jpg

Second option: the beveled edge of the star cuts into the D a bit

DSlogo3dstarb.jpg

Third option: The D isn't a 3d block anymore, sits flush with the star

DSlogoflat.jpg

I like the second option the best, with the beveled edges of the star slightly cutting into the D. What do you guys think?

And as for the new logo and overall jersey look, I think it's great!

Posted this over on the Dallas board but figure I'll get more action on here.

I've been looking at the new "D-star" logo and it's irking me. The black part of the "D" around the right hand side of the curve is done to make the D look like it's a 3d object sitting on top of the star. At the bottom of the D, this black wall should either be completely unhindered by the star (because the D is entirely on top) or have the beveled peak of the star slightly cutting into the black portion of the D. Instead the inside of the two lower peaks of the star touch the silver part of the D as if they are at the same height, while the outer parts of the star show some distance below the D by allowing that black wall to continue.

The other issue is inside the center of the D, where that triangular piece of black cuts into the straight vertical bit on the D. I think it's supposed to be showing that the D is a block that is raised up, but the perspective is off. The two silver beveled edges on the D should be touching, since they are at the same height.

Hard to say with words, I'm adding a couple sketches (done in paint, no photoshop on my computer). I changed the black wall on the D to a dark grey so it stands out better in order to show what I'm meaning. Please ignore the poorly skewed star.

First option: the D sits entirely on the star

DSlogob.jpg

Second option: the beveled edge of the star cuts into the D a bit

DSlogo3dstarb.jpg

Third option: The D isn't a 3d block anymore, sits flush with the star

DSlogoflat.jpg

I like the second option the best, with the beveled edges of the star slightly cutting into the D. What do you guys think?

I'm not really a fan of green in general.

But to be honest, this green in particular looks pretty bad. I know it varies depending on the persons taste.

For example, if its the Everet Silvertips green it's fine. but I really don't like this green.

It seems like they went for a retro look, which is fine. but this is just bad . Previous jerseys are better.

Archived