The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis out GM'd again!

Van bc

Lets put this to rest now. MG didn't get out GMed on the Dallas Eakins coaching hire.

Quote from this mornings Province: Coaching candidate Dallas Eakins was back in Vancouver this week for his second interview as the Canucks search to replace Alain Vigneault. But he left without an offer, and he wasn’t likely going to get one from the Canucks

:

The last thing I want to hear is some simp telling us MG got out coached. Hell I'm happy he didn't go with the popular uninformed fan consensus.

Instead of critiquing every move Gillis makes I personally am going to keep my moth shut and let his moves play out. That has been the decision by ownership and basically what they are going to do. Wait this whole deal out.

Loosing Eakins to Edmonton isn't being out managed..

Lets put this to rest now. MG didn't get out GMed on the Dallas Eakins coaching hire.

Quote from this mornings Province: Coaching candidate Dallas Eakins was back in Vancouver this week for his second interview as the Canucks search to replace Alain Vigneault. But he left without an offer, and he wasn’t likely going to get one from the Canucks

:

The last thing I want to hear is some simp telling us MG got out coached. Hell I'm happy he didn't go with the popular uninformed fan consensus.

Instead of critiquing every move Gillis makes I personally am going to keep my moth shut and let his moves play out. That has been the decision by ownership and basically what they are going to do. Wait this whole deal out.

I don't think it's about losing Eakins to Edmonton, it's about the time frame it takes MG to make some decisions... The guy was in Vancouver twice and I'm sure he wasn't here to visit Capilano suspension bridge... MG's record over the past year is sinking at a steady and very fast pace, so what's next? Now if Edmonton is going to just roll next season, which I think it's expected, then it's safe to say MG was outplayed again.

:

Gillis's reign as GM is a joke. He'll be waiting for weeks and weeks hoping the Pens will release Bylsma and then get outbid by New York if it does happen.

In the end he will have to hire a coach worse than AV, and with a bloated contract.

Major changes are coming ... NOT. I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo is still a Canucks at the start of the season.

Gillis's reign as GM is a joke. He'll be waiting for weeks and weeks hoping the Pens will release Bylsma and then get outbid by New York if it does happen.

In the end he will have to hire a coach worse than AV, and with a bloated contract.

Major changes are coming ... NOT. I wouldn't be surprised if Luongo is still a Canucks at the start of the season.

And where would Schutz have been here with Edler, Garrison, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Ballard and Tanev? The advantage these young undrafted players have is the choice giving them the best opportunity. It's a fast track to bigger contracts going to a weak team where they are virtually guaranteed top four minutes. Here Schultz would have been playing for the Wolves waiting for a call up. For some the fast track to money is more important than going to a contender and taking the gamble of playing for their farm team for peanuts.

It has nothing to do with snoozing and everything to do with opportunity and money. Would you honestly prefer to sign in Vancouver knowing the odds were you'd be playing for the farm team for 70K instead of signing with Edmonton knowing you'd be in the NHL making 1M+ and bonuses? I know which choice I'd be inclined to take.

whats wrong with telling someone somthing they want to hear? its not like it gets put in the contract.... coaches make the decisions on who plays and how much... why couldnt gillis just say "sure I see you as a top 4 D man on our team" say anything to get them to sign the contract and be on our team instead of our competition.... players want to go to a team where they feel they are wanted. be it money offer or anything else.. gillis just sucks as a gm. As a former agent he should know you say anything to make the player feel like he would be best off with you..

How many times is Gillis going to hit the snooze button and allow other GMs to snake great acquisitions from under his nose? Schultz was a home town Dman that wanted to play for us but Gillis couldn't pull the trigger. Below is a guy that Gillis showed a lot of interest in and for some reason he picked the pesky OIlers to sign with. People here argue that its because the Oilers GM guaranteed both players ice time something Gillis was not going to do. Both of these guys would have earned their ice time on the canucks allowing Gillis to get rid of some dead weight and creating so cap space. What about Dallas Eakins for head coach will Gillis get out GMd again? Gillis wants this guy and guess what we wont get him either because Gillis is incompetent and probably waited too long as usual allowing another GM to get what we need. Gillis please walk away from the canucks so we can move on and improve our team.

And where would Schutz have been here with Edler, Garrison, Hamhuis, Bieksa, Ballard and Tanev? The advantage these young undrafted players have is the choice giving them the best opportunity. It's a fast track to bigger contracts going to a weak team where they are virtually guaranteed top four minutes. Here Schultz would have been playing for the Wolves waiting for a call up. For some the fast track to money is more important than going to a contender and taking the gamble of playing for their farm team for peanuts.

It has nothing to do with snoozing and everything to do with opportunity and money. Would you honestly prefer to sign in Vancouver knowing the odds were you'd be playing for the farm team for 70K instead of signing with Edmonton knowing you'd be in the NHL making 1M+ and bonuses? I know which choice I'd be inclined to take.

eakins would have been a good fit ONLY for our younger players....

our veteran core need someone older and more respected.......the last thing we want is another coach that is buddy buddy with our core

and since eakins used to play with kesler and co. they probably wouldnt react too well if eakins started yelling at them and telling them how to play....

so no....gillis did not get out gmed...in my opinion

How many times is Gillis going to hit the snooze button and allow other GMs to snake great acquisitions from under his nose? Schultz was a home town Dman that wanted to play for us but Gillis couldn't pull the trigger. Below is a guy that Gillis showed a lot of interest in and for some reason he picked the pesky OIlers to sign with. People here argue that its because the Oilers GM guaranteed both players ice time something Gillis was not going to do. Both of these guys would have earned their ice time on the canucks allowing Gillis to get rid of some dead weight and creating so cap space. What about Dallas Eakins for head coach will Gillis get out GMd again? Gillis wants this guy and guess what we wont get him either because Gillis is incompetent and probably waited too long as usual allowing another GM to get what we need. Gillis please walk away from the canucks so we can move on and improve our team.

What I see in you post is a whole lot of little kid screaming "I want it!" Slow down, take a few deep breaths, and maybe go have a little lie down. You'll feel better.

1.) Did Schultz express interest in playing here? Yup. Tell us what you would have done differently from what Gillis (or any other GM) did to get Schultz to sign here? Money was not an issue. Let's assume that neither Vancouver or Edmonton offered "guaranteed" ice time, as has been argued by several Gillis bashers on these forums.

What would you have done to ensure that Schultz would have signed to play here? There must have been something which the Oilers GM did to "out GM" Gillis. Please share.

2.) Please do the same for Below.

3.) You are making an assumption that Gillis wanted Eakins as the Canucks head coach. Might the discussion have been over an assistant coach position?

Even if Eakins was being considered as head coach, you are assuming that he was the first choice of Gillis to take over that position. Ever stop to think that Gillis is shopping around to look at all of the potential candidates?

Why do you assume that just because a player or coach expresses an interest in being here, that this means that Vancouver is their first and only choice? You've been spoiled a bit because of guys like Hamhuis and Garrison signing here, and only here.

regards,

G.

Archived