The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gillis out GM'd again!

Van bc

I wish we would have gotten Shultz. This team desperately needs a PP QB, Puck moving d-man. Why can`t MG understand that? When we had Erhoff this team was so much better. Can't we focus on getting one of these guys damnit. It's so frustrating to sit, watch, wait, and waste time when obviously this is an important picece of the puzzle that is missing. Get a PP QB MG! And get a top six forward to play with the SEDINS! Is it so damn hard to realize that! Why does he always go after these projects? Its good to do that too, but sometimes you got to go with proven talent to get the job done IMO..

100% agree that Gillis and his minions have a screw loose.Getting Kassian for an asset most teams would want was the bell ringing very loudly.

Gillis was a let winger in his career and probably can not figure out what value a PP Q B d man has over a Booth or Raymond.

I am certainly not the rock star you are ,Tearloch.

Why a man with your position would waste his time here is beyond me.

The point is Gillis has no freaking clue what a viable QB PP d man provides and this team desperately needs,as history has proven.

I am certainly not the rock star you are ,Tearloch.

Why a man with your position would waste his time here is beyond me.

The point is Gillis has no freaking clue what a viable QB PP d man provides and this team desperately needs,as history has proven.

Somewhere Jason Garrison just smiled a half-cocked but confident grin...he wants you to know that since he's been here for a year and now knows our system well, he relishes the chance to prove your comment WRONG! FAIL!...tool

Gillis did have interest in getting both mentioned players but failed on both counts. These are players that should be playing for the canucks or wolves but are not for what ever reason you want to call it. lack of desperation or being lazy whatever it is it should be addressed is all i'm saying.

MG is being payed well to do his job and I'm sure he wants to keep it... There is no f'in way we didn't get those two players because MG "didn't try hard enough" or was "lazy". In fact its much more likely that what other people in this thread are saying is true, because the Oilers have a MUCH weaker team these young kids are guaranteed minutes on the big club, which is something we can't say/do. No young player wants to sign a deal here and get payed AHL dollars when they can sign with the bottom dwelling Oilers and make twice or three times the amount of money while playing in the NHL...

AV never helped out Keith much. Fringe pro defensive d man in his playing time with a penchant for fringe,defensive d men in his time coaching here.

Ballard never had a chance.

I hope he is given a top 6 role and can be traded to a team where he can play a larger role.

AV never helped out Keith much. Fringe pro defensive d man in his playing time with a penchant for fringe,defensive d men in his time coaching here.

Ballard never had a chance.

I hope he is given a top 6 role and can be traded to a team where he can play a larger role.

you know what the oilers did right? Guaranteed him mins on the blue line. Thats something the oilers can do while we cant. He would have to earn his mins from the wolves (or utica) all the way up to the canucks like everyone else. Sadly a lot of todays youth isn't willing to do that (schultz).

We need a guy who's a boss at doing what he does best. This moneyball, experiment stuff can only work so much. I agree that the Erhoff experiment worked out very well; although, MG has failed since then to get someone to run the PP, or rush the puck up the ice. MAG fail, Keith Ballard fail, trying to use one of our current guys to fill that role fail.

Its fully the reason why i couldnt give 2 crapes about CoHo.

Why people find it hard to swallow that he probably lost major respect from the organization when allegedly asking for more minutes, when he should have been stoked to play an important role for the team and do what many high picks have to do: work yr butt off, and wait for your opportunity to move up the depth chart.

Ok then forget those guys and how about a Yandle, Carlson, Green, Letang, Gardner, Streit and whoever I'm not thinking about at this moment. How about we trade for or sign one of these guys? Is everyone untouchable these days? Make a freaken trade. Grow some balls and fill your teams needs. I guess he tried with Ballard, but either he wasn't good enough, or mishandled I don't know. MG sure gave up a lot to get this guy though. We traded a first round pick, and a prospect so Keith could sit on the bench and make 4.2 mil? That's some pretty bad asset management if you ask me. But what do I know....

CDC perpetuated myth without any evidence in reality.

Like Coach Crawford said many times on TEAM 1040 when he had that slot at five pm each day when the COHO fiasco occurred: Every player asks about his role and wants an increased role.

Why that is difficult to understand or accept is a mystery to CDC.

The real tragedy and ugly part was how the Canucks brain mistrust shipped Coho without getting a proper asset in return.

Shipping without shopping is a GM no-no,which brings us to the Luo fiasco that followed where he shopped without shipping.

Really not GM material .

Archived