The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Gregory Campbell Broke His Leg and Continued To Play Last Night

As much as we all hate the Bruins and their players, Gregory Campbell achieved legend status last night for his penalty kill. He blocked a shot, a shot which broke his fibula, and he continued to play for 45 more seconds before leaving the ice!

This guy has one hell of a heart, hate him or not, he earned my respect.

169988912.0_cinema_400.0.jpg

Yup just like Horton had a life threatining concussion in 2011... Bruins are master spinners to make themselves look good. At best it was probably a hairline fracture and when adrenaline is going most people could have done that too. He is no legend other than having the son of Colin Campbell on your team improves your odds of winning considerably.

Yup just like Horton had a life threatining concussion in 2011... Bruins are master spinners to make themselves look good. At best it was probably a hairline fracture and when adrenaline is going most people could have done that too. He is no legend other than having the son of Colin Campbell on your team improves your odds of winning considerably.

I wonder if anything happened to Krejci on his shot block.

Though I think Aladeen's overreacting, I have to agree with him. Broken fibula doesn't seriously impede your locomotion like a broken tibia might, and once that adrenaline is pumping you can keep going for a while. Not that I'm disrespecting Campbell's effort or anything.

Archived