The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks sign UFA D Christian Folin to 2 yr ELC

Well if Bobby Mac threw it out there, then it's likely he had it from a legitimate source on the players side, either the agent, the player or the NCAA coach. We know that Gillis plays it close to the chest, and he'll deny it the signing till it's actually official.

Gillis hasn't had as much drafting success as we had hoped. Is it all on him? Nah, it's not all his fault. But people who say "ZOMG GILLS GUD DRAFTING" is out to lunch. Gillis has had poor to mediocre DRAFTING, but has been more successful grabbing players from college.

To his credit, he has attracted "big name " players to come here: Sundin, Demitra (RIP), Hamhuis, Garrison (with Raymond's help however), etc.

I think the coach (AV) had a lot more to do with why our prospects were not blooming (Shirokov etc). Glad he's gone.

So, can you give us examples of how Detroit's drafting (since 2008) has been so much superior to the Canucks'? I'm not that familiar with the Wings' prospects, and when I check them over I don't see anyone who stands out as being head and shoulders above anyone who was drafted by the Canucks.

regards,

G.

So, can you give us examples of how Detroit's drafting (since 2008) has been so much superior to the Canucks'? I'm not that familiar with the Wings' prospects, and when I check them over I don't see anyone who stands out as being head and shoulders above anyone who was drafted by the Canucks.

regards,

G.

EDIT: I see you were already answering this while I was asking it.

So, how have they done since 2008? I'm not that impressed.

regards,

G.

Archived