The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dallas Eakins signs with Edmonton

I don't mind Gillis taking his time with everything... But he's taking TOO much of his time finding the right guy.

For example, if you're gonna deem Schneider as the starter, at least trade Luongo away to make it clear to everyone that Schneider is the starter. I don't want Luongo gone, but it would've made it a lot easier for AV to know who to play night in night out and not rely on flipping a damn coin

This guy would have been so perfect for the Canucks.... Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce, etc would have developed so nicely under him.. Oiler fans are laughing at us on hf boards for Schultz and now Eakins... lol. And rightfully so.

This guy would have been so perfect for the Canucks.... Kassian, Jensen, Gaunce, etc would have developed so nicely under him.. Oiler fans are laughing at us on hf boards for Schultz and now Eakins... lol. And rightfully so.

eakins is perfect coach of edmonton oilers.. oilers has lots of young talent and eakins with ahl experience can coach young group really well. I really wanted eakins to be our assistance coach/headcoach too late.. now tippet will re-sign with phoenix so i dont know who is going to be our coach.. (no to ruff and torts)

Like what others said, perfect place for Eakins because he is supposed to be great at developing young players. They can grow together. Good signing for Edmonton but honestly, didn't see it coming. Was looking at the obvious places like Vancouver, Dallas, ... teams with no coach. MacT pulled off first good move.

eakins is perfect coach of edmonton oilers.. oilers has lots of young talent and eakins with ahl experience can coach young group really well. I really wanted eakins to be our assistance coach/headcoach too late.. now tippet will re-sign with phoenix so i dont know who is going to be our coach.. (no to ruff and torts)

Well now the Oilers will likely win a cup within the next 5 years.

Perfect coach for developing their stacked young core.

Again Gillis' patience will leave him with nothing, just like with the Luongo trade.

Archived