The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dallas Eakins signs with Edmonton

Do you guys know what happened behind closed doors? What if Eakins interviewed with all of those teams and the decision was left with him? Can you guys read minds? Let's not throw the blame at Gillis without actually knowing all the facts and what was said behind closed doors....

I don't mind Gillis taking his time with everything... But he's taking TOO much of his time finding the right guy.

For example, if you're gonna deem Schneider as the starter, at least trade Luongo away to make it clear to everyone that Schneider is the starter. I don't want Luongo gone, but it would've made it a lot easier for AV to know who to play night in night out and not rely on flipping a damn coin

Eakins clearly wasn't his number 1 target or he likely would have signed him.

Hopefully whoever his number 1 guy is will become available and we can sign him. I'm guessing it's either Tippett, Stevens, or Bylsma.

Maybe he offered Eakins an assistant job and he turned it down. But hopefully we can get Jeff Blashill out of Grand Rapids to be an assistant.

I just hope he isn't waiting on Tippett because I'm not sure he'll leave Phoenix. But if we can get him, I would forget all about Eakins.

If i was Eakins i would take the job in Edmonton over the Canucks job to , Edmonton's young core group is much more appealing to try and develop and turn into a Stanley cup winning team instead of one that is nearing big changes and most likely nearing a rebuild because of aging veteran core that may have seen its best chance at winning a cup together come and go.

Archived