The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Tweets about Flyers

J529

I'm getting pretty tired of the strombone 1 schtick..........his use of social media makes him a bit of a joke and it often makes situations worse than they need to be. He should keep his mouth shut and wait for things to unfold.

Interesting that you mention Cory's ten games. Somehow in ten games Cory has a record of 1-4, but that only amounts to 5 games, right? Why doesn't Cory have any record for the other 5 games? That's right. Because he was mopping up for Luongo after he sh!t the bed. Half of Cory's games were in relief of your hero.

By the way, Luongo's 0-6 in the playoffs going back to 2011. Does he suffer from "panic attacks" too?

Yes Riviera Cory was great this year... fantasticccccc choke job! Had we had a real coach and manager we could have beat the sharks with the saga playing in the blue paint.

Sorry Riviera... I'm not agreeing with u until Cory wins a series or plays more than 30 games in a season lolololol

I have nothing against Cory and I only bash him in defense of lui because u unintelligent folks bash lui to bring Cory up. Cory is a fantastic goalie... lui is an elite future hall of famer. Hopefully Cory is traded

You have nothing against Cory And I ONLY BASH HIM IN DEFENSE OF lUI??? What Lui can't defend himself? No wonder Canuck fans can be hated. We have two of best goalies in this league and just leave it at that. Both have great games and both have off days just like any other top goaltenders in the league. And we can't just be happy with that.

Before Cory we had Sabourin,Sanford,and Johnson to back up Loungo for the first four years. Did anybody forget if Lou went down for any length of time we were holding our breaths...Sabourin anybody in the playoffs???. Nobody had confident in our back up until Cory came around. Where the coaching staff and management would have confident in either goaltenders in lui or Cory.

We may or may not see this again. Lack is having groin problems, to what extent nobody knows. All I Have to say is that Lui and Cory both pushed each other for three years for the better. Could you say that in other three goaltenders.

Sorry no offense, but aren't you doing the same thing by bashing Cory to bring Lui up?

You have nothing against Cory And you ONLY BASH HIM IN DEFENSE OF Lui??? Yup that makes alot of sense! What Lui can't defend himself? Do you really think that either Goaltender cares about what you think.

We have been very fortunate IMO to have one of the best two goalies in this league and just leave it at that. Both have great games and both have off days just like any other top goaltenders in the league. And we can't just be happy with that.

Before Cory we had Sabourin,Sanford,and Johnson to back up Loungo for the first four years. Did anybody forget if Lou went down for any length of time we were holding our breaths...Sabourin anybody in the playoffs???. Nobody had confident in our back up until Cory came around. Where the coaching staff and management would have confident in either goaltenders in Lui or Cory.

We may or may not see this again. Lack is having groin problems, to what extent nobody knows, and a goaltender who hasn't played one regular season game yet. All I Have to say is that Lui and Cory both pushed each other for three years for the better. Could you say that in other three goaltenders.

Yes Riviera Cory was great this year... fantasticccccc choke job! Had we had a real coach and manager we could have beat the sharks with the saga playing in the blue paint.

Sorry Riviera... I'm not agreeing with u until Cory wins a series or plays more than 30 games in a season lolololol

I have nothing against Cory and I only bash him in defense of lui because u unintelligent folks bash lui to bring Cory up. Cory is a fantastic goalie... lui is an elite future hall of famer. Hopefully Cory is traded

Can you please provide us all with a list of what actual hall of fame goalies have achieved, itemized next to their names and then do the same for Lu please?

I'm a little unclear as to how you figure Lu belongs in that company based on his accomplishments.

Can you please provide us all with a list of what actual hall of fame goalies have achieved, itemized next to their names and then do the same for Lu please?

I'm a little unclear as to how you figure Lu belongs in that company based on his accomplishments.

Here are a few of the most recent inductees.

Ed Belfour - 1 Stanley Cup

- 2 Vezinas

- Calder trophy

- 4 Jennings

- 1 Crozier

Patrick Roy - 4 Stanley Cups

- 3 Vezinas

- 5 Jennings

- 3 Conn Smythes

Grant Fuhr - 5 Stanley Cups

- 1 Vezina

- 1 Jennings

Billy Smith - 4 Stanley Cups

- 1 Vezina

- 1 Jennings

- 1 Conn Smythe

Tony Esposito - 1 Stanley Cup

- Calder trophy

- 3 Vezinas

Roberto Luongo - 1 Jennings

So in 25 years, 5 NHL goalies have been inducted into the HHOF, all with more decorations than Luongo. IMO he has 5-6 years remaining to add to his Jennings or else he wont even be a consideration.

Interesting that you mention Cory's ten games. Somehow in ten games Cory has a record of 1-4, but that only amounts to 5 games, right? Why doesn't Cory have any record for the other 5 games? That's right. Because he was mopping up for Luongo after he sh!t the bed. Half of Cory's games were in relief of your hero.

By the way, Luongo's 0-6 in the playoffs going back to 2011. Does he suffer from "panic attacks" too?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but why not just check yourself?

NHL.com's Goalie Career Stats: http://www.nhl.com/i...lSeasonsGoalies

Notice...

All time career regular season wins: Luongo #17 (2nd among active goalies.)

All time career playoff wins: Luongo #35 (7th among active goalies.)

Most single season wins: Luongo #3

Most career wins for a single franchise: Luongo #25 (McLean is #33.)

Or, maybe check out sites that list career goalies who meet their base requirements.

Like this one: http://www.hockey-re...ce.com/leaders/ (250 games)

Notice....

NHL & WHA Career Leaders and Records for Save Percentage - Luongo #5

Most Saves Made In a Single Season: Luongo #1, #2, #15 (tie), ..... (He's on the list multiple other times too.)

Or this one: http://www.quanthockey.com/ (200 games)

Notice...

All time GAA - Luongo #39 (12th among active goalies)

All time SV% - Luongo #5 (3rd among active goalies)

And for your comparison, here's the list of HHoF goalies: http://www.legendsof...ition.jsp?pos=G

(Note: Stats weren't kept the same for the old goalies, some sometimes comparisons are hard to make.)

Alllll played pre salary cap era... fuhr smith roy all had such stacked teams.

At the end of the day if u need to win an important game it comes down to about five goalies all time to chose (while peak of their career)

Roy, brodeur, hasek, lu and lundqvist.

These are the five goalies I would chose from. All will be in the hhof eventually

I'm getting pretty tired of the strombone 1 schtick..........his use of social media makes him a bit of a joke and it often makes situations worse than they need to be. He should keep his mouth shut and wait for things to unfold.

if you know they are a low scoring team, why did you say Luongo blew game 7 of the SCF? How could you even say that and now say I know they are a low scoring team? That is what I called you out on. You don't even realize what you just said earlier today and you calling me high? You make no sense.

Archived