The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Tweets about Flyers

J529

Well I guess I misunderstood you but my point is based on speculation obviously... but that being said if I was a leafs fan and blew that 4-1 lead in the third... I would be blaming nonis for not bringing in lui. IMO lui would have played better than reimer and ultimately got the leafs passed the bruins.

Firstly, I doubt you'll find anyone involved in pro sports forming an opinion and presenting it as fact based on speculation.

Secondly, portraying Reimer as the sole reason the Leafs choked is both wrong and unfair.

Thirdly a high percentage of your Lu support posts involves pointing the blame at the rest of the team be it lack of defense or lack of scoring. Yet this doesn't seem to apply to your assessment of the leafs in game seven

Do you see the disconnect?

So in fact it would appear that your totally laying blame on Reimer just like a lot of posters here are fingering Lu - posters you religiously argue with.

It's a team game.

The height of the pedestal you out Lu on only increases the distance for him to fall in the eyes of fans in this town.

Here are a few of the most recent inductees.

Ed Belfour - 1 Stanley Cup

- 2 Vezinas

- Calder trophy

- 4 Jennings

- 1 Crozier

Patrick Roy - 4 Stanley Cups

- 3 Vezinas

- 5 Jennings

- 3 Conn Smythes

Grant Fuhr - 5 Stanley Cups

- 1 Vezina

- 1 Jennings

Billy Smith - 4 Stanley Cups

- 1 Vezina

- 1 Jennings

- 1 Conn Smythe

Tony Esposito - 1 Stanley Cup

- Calder trophy

- 3 Vezinas

Roberto Luongo - 1 Jennings

So in 25 years, 5 NHL goalies have been inducted into the HHOF, all with more decorations than Luongo. IMO he has 5-6 years remaining to add to his Jennings or else he wont even be a consideration.

Also Lui has not had 1 First All Star team selection which all of the other inductees have. So not once have the media writers picked him as the best goaltender in a season and these are the same guys voting in inductees. He is not making the Hall of Fame unless he has a couple Vezinas and a Cup or two. At this point he is very similar to Curtis Joseph, good goalie...great at times but not one of the best ever.

Firstly, I doubt you'll find anyone involved in pro sports forming an opinion and presenting it as fact based on speculation.

Secondly, portraying Reimer as the sole reason the Leafs choked is both wrong and unfair.

Thirdly a high percentage of your Lu support posts involves pointing the blame at the rest of the team be it lack of defense or lack of scoring. Yet this doesn't seem to apply to your assessment of the leafs in game seven

Do you see the disconnect?

So in fact it would appear that your totally laying blame on Reimer just like a lot of posters here are fingering Lu - posters you religiously argue with.

It's a team game.

The height of the pedestal you out Lu on only increases the distance for him to fall in the eyes of fans in this town.

Archived