The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Tweets about Flyers

J529

if you know they are a low scoring team, why did you say Luongo blew game 7 of the SCF? How could you even say that and now say I know they are a low scoring team? That is what I called you out on. You don't even realize what you just said earlier today and you calling me high? You make no sense.

Lol wtf you really like wrestling with constant bickering. "Blew it" was apollos words and I'm just quoting it. So using my words, Lu had a bad game 7 scf by letting in some soft goals or not making the saves that the team needed as Cory did in game 4 of Kings. Go watch the replay of the goals that went in and how many goals went in. As in your words, stop "sugar coating" it. At least I know what Apollo's agenda is, really don't get yours with the denials and accusations.

Bruins vs Canucks game 7

Shots on goals 20, saves 17, save percentage .850. Ya Lu had a gooooooooood game. I'm gonna call the Rock to lay the smack down on you

Kings vs canucks game 4

Shots on goal 47 saves 43 save percent .915

Good numbers but you can say Cory wasn't up to par with himself the last two goals and should of had them.

Luo had 2 games last year and started 2 but played in 3 this year. That's a total of 5 games, not 6. (And you can't go back to a single game of the Boston series if that's what you were doing. I mean, reaching much?!)

As for Cory, you are only partially correct. Of his 10 playoff games, Cory has only gone in in relief of Luo 4x, all in 2010/11. The other 6 games were actually Cory's starts. Luo went in in relief of Cory 2x, once due to a cramp (in 2010/11) and once because he was pulled (this year).

In the game Cory left due to cramping, he had allowed 3 goals on 20 shots in 42:31 (for a .850 SV%). Luo allowed a single goal on 13 shots in 32:59 (for a .923 SV%) but because it was the OT winner the loss went on Luo's record. That is why Cory's record is only 5 games long even though he's actually had 6 starts.

Cory's playoff stats are still so small as to not be a good indicator of anything one way or the other, but here's what is interesting: Cory's been pulled in 1 of his 6 starts. In the last 3 years, Luo has been pulled in 4 of his 28 starts, which averages out to 1 in 6 starts. So, proportionally, Luo's mopped up for Cory as much as Cory has mopped up for him.

Here are a few of the most recent inductees.

Ed Belfour - 1 Stanley Cup

- 2 Vezinas

- Calder trophy

- 4 Jennings

- 1 Crozier

Patrick Roy - 4 Stanley Cups

- 3 Vezinas

- 5 Jennings

- 3 Conn Smythes

Grant Fuhr - 5 Stanley Cups

- 1 Vezina

- 1 Jennings

Billy Smith - 4 Stanley Cups

- 1 Vezina

- 1 Jennings

- 1 Conn Smythe

Tony Esposito - 1 Stanley Cup

- Calder trophy

- 3 Vezinas

Roberto Luongo - 1 Jennings 1 Olympic Gold Medal

So in 25 years, 5 NHL goalies have been inducted into the HHOF, all with more decorations than Luongo. IMO he has 5-6 years remaining to add to his Jennings or else he wont even be a consideration.

Dude, stop making up excuses. Everyone knows Luongo has choked several times when we needed him the most. His only concrete achievement is winning a gold medal behind an all-star team--something even Cloutier could do. Never won a Vezina, never won a Cup, not even CLOSE to HHoF material. Even a preschooler knows that!

Cloutier could?

That team Canada was disorganized and out of sync. The only reason they won was lui.

If I recall I think he out played a future hall of famer in brodeur and TOO HIS JOB

also lui won the vezina in everyone's books other than the biased eastern media in 2007.

Legeendongoooo

My point is that Apollo continuously points to Schneider's 1-4 playoff record when Luongo is sporting an even worse recent playoff record himself. And yet somehow Luongo is so superior when the games count the most.

Cloutier could?

That team Canada was disorganized and out of sync. The only reason they won was lui.

If I recall I think he out played a future hall of famer in brodeur and TOO HIS JOB

also lui won the vezina in everyone's books other than the biased eastern media in 2007.

Legeendongoooo

Belfours gold... why are u even mentioning it? Belfour didn't do jack! He doesn't have a gold. What's next ... can u award roy some golds for trying really hard?

Luongo led the team to a gold. As did brodeur in 2002.

Luongo beat brodeur for the job.

And don't even dare say brodeur was old and no longer good... he carried njd to the scf shortly after as did lui carry vancouver.

Yes Riviera Cory was great this year... fantasticccccc choke job! Had we had a real coach and manager we could have beat the sharks with the saga playing in the blue paint.

Sorry Riviera... I'm not agreeing with u until Cory wins a series or plays more than 30 games in a season lolololol

I have nothing against Cory and I only bash him in defense of lui because u unintelligent folks bash lui to bring Cory up. Cory is a fantastic goalie... lui is an elite future hall of famer. Hopefully Cory is traded

Archived