The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

At what point is Kesler no longer worth a good trade return.

Van bc

Wow it really seems like building a champion team has to be done via the draft now

Boston says Hi. Their best D and their goalie were via trade.

The Nucks drafted, the Sedins, Kesler, Schnieds, Edler, Burr(in a sense), Raymond, Bieksa etc and couldn't get it done.

Its just about getting the right pieces, in the right place, at the right time for the right price. The game is so over coached, and personel and the busineses so overmanaged that a lot of it is about luck as much as skill. It is a TIGHT TIGHT 'game' out there from the top down.

Pushing the right buttons at the right time, getting bounces, staying healthy, getting the benefit of doubt from the officials/league etc. It all has to come together in a perfect storm

If the Leafs hung on to win that game, the Bruins would have blown up. If the Redwings held on to that series after leading 3-1...who knows. And so on, and so forth.

Every new season will bring something unimaginable. We overthink the randomness of it all.

So you want to start ditching all our heart and soul guys for unproven players and whatevers?

Whatever.

I like this team...they've shown the capability to go far and have gathered experience during that process. Armed with the knowledge of what NOT to do, with a healthy line up I have total faith in this crew.

What, on earth, makes you think that you're more qualified to "build a champion team" than an actual NHL GM?

And it's Kesler, not Kelser.

losing to the eventual cup winners isn't really something I'd be bragging about. 25% of teams in the playoffs do the same thing every year, hardly a moniker of success or even quality of any sort.

we can't trade kesler. he is the only player on the team that is capable of stepping it up in the playoffs - if he ever gets healthy: he will either get healthy for the rest of his career or will just disintegrate and fall into the cracks between the bench and the ice...

losing to the eventual cup winners isn't really something I'd be bragging about. yeah, that's what I mean bud. It means 0 if we keep losing to the elite teams if we're supposed to be one of those teams. 25% of teams in the playoffs do the same thing every year, hardly a moniker of success or even quality of any sort.

we can't trade kesler. he is the only player on the team that is capable of stepping it up in the playoffs - if he ever gets healthy: he will either get healthy for the rest of his career or will just disintegrate and fall into the cracks between the bench and the ice...

The window for getting maximum value for Kes closed about 18 months ago. He is now an often injured player who too often reverts to his "theatrical" self when his bulldog self is incapable of functioning properly. Once in a while he is awesome but far too ofetn he is invisible or, worse, play acting. The refs hate him as well. Trade him to a U.S. based team for whatever you can get before he turns into a liability.

To watch Luo's worth become nothing more then a bag of pucks and to realise the twins don't fit into any other teams plans to seek a cup I wonder when Kelser stock will fall. Its no secret that our window has closed and I hope the canucks can start getting new young talent so we can start building a champion winning team in the near future. This being said what could we get for Kesler or do you think his value has dropped due to his injuries. Wow it really seems like building a champion team has to be done via the draft now and it would be sweet to get a Mckinnon like player for the future.

Ballard, Oreskavich for 1st, grabner( a1st rounder) and Bernier( originally a first rounder and still playing top 9 in the league

Pahlsson for taylor ellington( former 2nd rounder) and 2 fourth rounders

Roy- for our #1 defensive prospect and this years 2nd rounder

what's next, Luongo for what he said he wouldn't do- salary dump?

The window for getting maximum value for Kes closed about 18 months ago. He is now an often injured player who too often reverts to his "theatrical" self when his bulldog self is incapable of functioning properly. Once in a while he is awesome but far too ofetn he is invisible or, worse, play acting. The refs hate him as well. Trade him to a U.S. based team for whatever you can get before he turns into a liability.

Archived