The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One of our biggest issues as it stands is RW in the 3rd and 2nd lines. Winnipeg has a beauty of a guy that rumour has it might not want to play their anymore named Wheeler. So. Simple question. If Wheeler passes up signing in the Peg, is it possible he would be a fit on this team? And if so, how much do you think he is genuinely worth and whose line does he anchor??

One of our biggest issues as it stands is RW in the 3rd and 2nd lines. Winnipeg has a beauty of a guy that rumour has it might not want to play their anymore named Wheeler. So. Simple question. If Wheeler passes up signing in the Peg, is it possible he would be a fit on this team? And if so, how much do you think he is genuinely worth and whose line does he anchor??

Sorry, yes he's an RFA I looked to quickly. And yes Hansen does great on that line, but how many Higgins/Hansen type players do we really need? And how many Wheeler type players do we have? Would he fit on the team? What is his worth?

Wheeler is one of my favourites (as you can see in my sig) but I doubt Winnipeg will trade him. Also I doubt Wheeler wants out of Winnipeg given that he has been very successful there and it is close to home (he was born in Minnesota). If we were to pry Wheeler away from the Jets we would have to give up far more than I am comfortable giving up.

I would love Wheeler in our top 6, Fast big and is getting better still.

Even though the past two seasons he has shown a lot of improvement I would not trade Edler for him.

I would trade other assets for him, and I am not sure what his value would be considered, yes Evander is more desirable but would take much more to get.

That top 6 would be interesting with booth in the mix as well, could do a lot of line juggling to find the right combos, nice idea, Wheeler would fit in great!

Too bad it won't happen. He's a beast in Winnipeg, a great teammate, fans love him, and there have been no "rumours" of him not re-signing. If he receives and offer sheet, the Jets have a lot of cap room to match. Wheeler is not going anywhere, and certainly not for Edler.

Archived