The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Destiny

Drouin

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 8:20 PM, Incursio said:

I hear scout rifles are the meta right now. I'm not a fan of 'em myself.

They're great in pvp for sure with Mida being a beast....that said some autos are quite good and the new sidearms are beastly in close.  I mostly play a hunter and go for head shots so I like my scouts. 

On 10/19/2017 at 8:44 PM, Xbox said:

Current meta is MIDA + Uriel's Gift

Agreed although I have to say that Origin Story is beast as well.  Once you get an assist/kill someone, that extra damage just melts the next poor soul that's in the vicinity.  

Plus the sidearms are amazing!

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Agreed although I have to say that Origin Story is beast as well.  Once you get an assist/kill someone, that extra damage just melts the next poor soul that's in the vicinity.  

Plus the sidearms are amazing!

Yeah Origin Story is the 2nd best Auto Rifle in PvP hands down, but Uriel's Gift is S Tier. Literally everyone uses it (so nerf incoming at some point.)

As for sidearms I'm loving the Last Hope! So damn good. 

Edited by Xbox

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2017 at 1:28 PM, CanuckinEdm said:

Im using Antidope-D and Mannananannnannannn SR4

Antiope-D is sick at mid to close range. I picked up the Future War Cult energy scout Pleiadas Corrector' and it is sick as well.  Been rocking that with Scathelock as my kinetic quite a bit. 

Anything with High Caliber Rounds works. You get the first shots in and it is hard for them to get proper aim on you. 

• 3 months later...

Damn, just beat the Prestige Raid and let me tell you...  don't get involved unless you have an amazing group or else have an entire week to perfect every little detail.  

Took us two damage phases to down Calus, so unless you can take him down in one, expect to spend hours on the last encounter!

On 3/3/2018 at 5:34 AM, VancouverHabitant said:

Damn, just beat the Prestige Raid and let me tell you...  don't get involved unless you have an amazing group or else have an entire week to perfect every little detail.  

Took us two damage phases to down Calus, so unless you can take him down in one, expect to spend hours on the last encounter!

Man, I gotta give you props if you're still playing Destiny 2. 

22 hours ago, Xbox said:

Man, I gotta give you props if you're still playing Destiny 2. 

Still one of the best games out there, where else can you do 6 man raids in a first person shooter?  

I've dabbled with Overwatch, Paragon and Fortnite but my precious few hours of gaming usually end up with Destiny.    

Anthem might be a game that takes me away, if it has good PvP and 5 or 6 player missions with lots of mechanics.  

What are you playing these days?

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Still one of the best games out there, where else can you do 6 man raids in a first person shooter?  

I've dabbled with Overwatch, Paragon and Fortnite but my precious few hours of gaming usually end up with Destiny.    

Anthem might be a game that takes me away, if it has good PvP and 5 or 6 player missions with lots of mechanics.  

What are you playing these days?

There's only one raid and once you do it 10 times the novelty is gone. Got my Hunter, Titan and Warlock + all their stuff to 335. I'll be back when there's more content. I wish Bungie would stop driving the player base away because it really sucks that 90% of the population from launch is gone. Im jealous you can even get a 6 man team together. No one I know plays anymore. I play PUBG (PC) and Overwatch with friends and when I'm gaming solo I'm just completing games in my backlog. Right now on Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Edited by Xbox

2 hours ago, Xbox said:

There's only one raid and once you do it 10 times the novelty is gone. Got my Hunter, Titan and Warlock + all their stuff to 335. I'll be back when there's more content. I wish Bungie would stop driving the player base away because it really sucks that 90% of the population from launch is gone. Im jealous you can even get a 6 man team together. No one I know plays anymore. I play PUBG (PC) and Overwatch with friends and when I'm gaming solo I'm just completing games in my backlog. Right now on Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

Ah, I don't have time to game for 10 hours in a day like I used to haha 

I just finished the Prestige raid, and I've only done the regular raid maybe twice...   plus Eater of the Worlds I've only done twice as well...  

The point being that I'm only about 200 hours into Destiny 2, so I haven't had a chance to replay things too much.  I usually play PvP.

11 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Ah, I don't have time to game for 10 hours in a day like I used to haha 

I just finished the Prestige raid, and I've only done the regular raid maybe twice...   plus Eater of the Worlds I've only done twice as well...  

The point being that I'm only about 200 hours into Destiny 2, so I haven't had a chance to replay things too much.  I usually play PvP.

I don't game anywhere near that at all. I achieved all of that in Destiny 2 only playing on Tuesdays other than the first two weeks. PvP in Destiny 2 is so friggen bad though. I really miss Destiny 1 PvP. I did the raid once in D2 and that was good enough for me. I used to grind in Destiny 1, especially VoG and Kings Fall. Damn I miss that game.

Edited by Xbox

On 3/6/2018 at 9:38 AM, Xbox said:

I don't game anywhere near that at all. I achieved all of that in Destiny 2 only playing on Tuesdays other than the first two weeks. PvP in Destiny 2 is so friggen bad though. I really miss Destiny 1 PvP. I did the raid once in D2 and that was good enough for me. I used to grind in Destiny 1, especially VoG and Kings Fall. Damn I miss that game.

King's Fall is my all-time favourite raid!  Yeah, I miss a lot of Destiny 1, but there are a lot of things that are better in Destiny 2 (graphics, AI).  I know that people focus on all the bad things, but graphics and AI are much more important for me in a game then how a sniper flinches, how you dismantle shaders, and all this other petty little stuff.  

Destiny 1 did have better PvP in my opinion, so I hope that they spruce that up a bit.  

Any games you're looking forward to?

13 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

King's Fall is my all-time favourite raid!  Yeah, I miss a lot of Destiny 1, but there are a lot of things that are better in Destiny 2 (graphics, AI).  I know that people focus on all the bad things, but graphics and AI are much more important for me in a game then how a sniper flinches, how you dismantle shaders, and all this other petty little stuff.  

Destiny 1 did have better PvP in my opinion, so I hope that they spruce that up a bit.  

Any games you're looking forward to?

Finally someone who agrees King's Fall was the best raid B). In Destiny 2 having two primary weapons, no random weapon loot drops, no ammo synths, slow ability regen and not having 3v3 trials are not petty little things, they're pretty significant changes. I don't care how a sniper finches either but I care that it now has to compete with rockets and swords.

I know what you mean though when you say there's lot of good improvements such as the class system, not having to use motes to upgrade gear ect. Whenever I'd play Destiny 1 there's lots I miss from Destiny 2, but when I play Destiny 2 there's lots I miss about Destiny 1. I know there's a big update coming soon so I'm hoping it'll be good but it's becoming hard to convince my main gaming buddy that Destiny 2 will be better. 

In terms of other games there's a lot I'm looking forward to this year and next. OnRush, Spiderman, Days Gone, Death Stranding, State of Decay 2, Metro: Exodus, Spyro Remastered, Dark Souls Remastered and The Last of Us 2. I'll probably pick up NHL 19 as well since I skipped 18. What about you?

Edited by Xbox

On 3/9/2018 at 9:48 AM, Xbox said:

In terms of other games there's a lot I'm looking forward to this year and next. OnRush, Spiderman, Days Gone, Death Stranding, State of Decay 2, Metro: Exodus, Spyro Remastered, Dark Souls Remastered and The Last of Us 2. I'll probably pick up NHL 19 as well since I skipped 18. What about you?

I just saw the trailer for Metro, it looks nuts!  I might pick that up now actually...   

I'll probably play TLOU 2 as well, although I don't think it will be as good as the first one.  The key is to set your expectations low ;) 

8 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

Destiny 2 is trash. lazy half assed ride the coat tails of D1 micro transaction fest.

Destiny 1 was worst for microtransactions.  

Good luck finding a multiplayer game that doesn't have microtransactions...  they all do.