The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[OFFICIAL] Super Smash Brothers (2014)

avelanch

i have a feeling the board game mode is going to be a lot of fun.

Same. The whole gamepad thing will make the experience that much more fun. Just build some levels while I watch netflix lol.

Battlefield, Final Destination and Pokemon Stadium are my top 3 stadiums. I hope they all make it to the new smash.

I don't think so. The only available methods of adding funds to your account are by using credit and prepaid cards. I don't know how it is for other countries, but my Candian eShop accepts cards from MasterCard and VISA only.

Damn Kk. I'll just get prepaid.

Nintendo just announced pre-loading for the Wii-U starting with SSB. for those unfamiliar with the concept this means that if you buy the game through the e-shop, via a DL card at a brick and mortar store, or on nintendo.com, it will pre-DL a majority of the game before it's release date (still unplayable though), then when it's released it will DL the final portion of the game allowing it to be playable shortly after launch without having to go out to a midnight release at your local store and you'll start playing faster that anyone who does.

How is the online for Smash 3DS?

I hear mixed things about the lag

Mixed is a good descriptor for it. The one-on-one battles are just fine but some of the lag in the free-for-all mode is horrendously bad. I haven't played in a while but one of the matches I had lagged so bad it froze during the character-entrance-countdown-thing before the fight. Then it took about a minute and a half for an error message to show up. I have had a few lag-less FFA's but there were more matches with it than without it. I would imagine it's better now (with the worldwide release) but lag was pretty evident the last time I went online.

Nintendo just announced pre-loading for the Wii-U starting with SSB. for those unfamiliar with the concept this means that if you buy the game through the e-shop, via a DL card at a brick and mortar store, or on nintendo.com, it will pre-DL a majority of the game before it's release date (still unplayable though), then when it's released it will DL the final portion of the game allowing it to be playable shortly after launch without having to go out to a midnight release at your local store and you'll start playing faster that anyone who does.

I think I'll be doing that. I've never done it before even on PS. For Smash 3DS I did download it shortly after 12AM though because I was too lazy to wake up and go grab it at the store. Figured I'll pre-load to avoid having to trek it to the store or maybe miss out on a copy for not pre-ordering. Although I could certainly pre-order now and I've never had problems not pre-ordering before. There's plenty of game stores around me and one of them always has the game I want.

The only time I've ever had a problem was when EB Games had the deal where you could trade in your copy of PS3 The Last of Us and then pay a little money to upgrade to the PS4 version. That sold out really fast.

Mixed is a good descriptor for it. The one-on-one battles are just fine but some of the lag in the free-for-all mode is horrendously bad. I haven't played in a while but one of the matches I had lagged so bad it froze during the character-entrance-countdown-thing before the fight. Then it took about a minute and a half for an error message to show up. I have had a few lag-less FFA's but there were more matches with it than without it. I would imagine it's better now (with the worldwide release) but lag was pretty evident the last time I went online.

I've never had as bad of lag as you but it has been jittery at times. Nothing that prevented me from playing though. Unlike yourself I've had more games with no lag than with it.

Although like you I haven't been online in awhile and my example of no lag is only like 12 games or so.

I think I'll be doing that. I've never done it before even on PS. For Smash 3DS I did download it shortly after 12AM though because I was too lazy to wake up and go grab it at the store. Figured I'll pre-load to avoid having to trek it to the store or maybe miss out on a copy for not pre-ordering. Although I could certainly pre-order now and I've never had problems not pre-ordering before. There's plenty of game stores around me and one of them always has the game I want.

The only time I've ever had a problem was when EB Games had the deal where you could trade in your copy of PS3 The Last of Us and then pay a little money to upgrade to the PS4 version. That sold out really fast.

I've never had as bad of lag as you but it has been jittery at times. Nothing that prevented me from playing though. Unlike yourself I've had more games with no lag than with it.

Although like you I haven't been online in awhile and my example of no lag is only like 12 games or so.

To be fair, I got the game at the Japanese release so the server was probably a bunch of poo at the time. It's probably much better now.

Thanks for the info guys. I've decided to pass on it for now. The lag really worries me. Fighters suffer big time from lag. All games do of course, but fighters seem to get it the worst

Thanks for the info guys. I've decided to pass on it for now. The lag really worries me. Fighters suffer big time from lag. All games do of course, but fighters seem to get it the worst

No problem. I can live with some lag for Smash Bros. since there isn't as much of an emphasis on inputting commands in a one-frame window. That's the reason I suck at arcade-style fighters (MvC, BB, Street Fighter, etc.)...

FYI I played a bunch more matches last night and I lagged only one of the times. I think the lag has definitely gotten better.

IMO, if you don't have a Wii U or aren't getting one any time soon, then get Smash 3DS. If you have a Wii U or are getting one then I would hold out on Smash 3DS because Smash Wii U isn't that far away.

Archived