The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] AV will be named head coach of NYR

http://www.rds.ca/ho...angers-1.632364

OFFICIAL AV A RANGERS

According to Renaud Lavoie a announcement will be made in the next few days

http://www.rds.ca/ho...angers-1.630762

Les Rangers de New York rencontreront Alain Vigneault mardi afin de lui faire passer une entrevue pour devenir le prochain entraîneur-chef des Blueshirts.

Le poste est vacant depuis que John Tortorella a été congédié le 29 mai dernier.

Vigneault a également perdu son emploi à la barre des Canucks, le 22 mai dernier.

Apparently now the Canucks also had discussions with Jacques Martin !!

OMG what is MG doing. Torts and Martin really. I know he wants to explore every scenario but come on. We need a change, Jacques Martin is similar to AV only even more boring.

I don't know whether or not hiring Torts is a good idea or bad idea. On one hand, hiring a more subtle, polite neighbour of a coach with a differing hockey philosophy to AV could be what pushes our players into playing solid hockey once again. On the other hand, if our team is destined to suck regardless of who gets hired, I would prefer it to be a coach who at least has some entertainment value. And who can say how the team would react to Torts anyways (except for the players of course)? Conundrum.

Apparently now the Canucks also had discussions with Jacques Martin !!

OMG what is MG doing. Torts and Martin really. I know he wants to explore every scenario but come on. We need a change, Jacques Martin is similar to AV only even more boring.

I don't know whether or not hiring Torts is a good idea or bad idea. On one hand, hiring a more subtle, polite neighbour of a coach with a differing hockey philosophy to AV could be what pushes our players into playing solid hockey once again. On the other hand, if our team is destined to suck regardless of who gets hired, I would prefer it to be a coach who at least has some entertainment value. And who can say how the team would react to Torts anyways (except for the players of course)? Conundrum.

Sweet. It isn't like we want the twins to re-sign here after or anything. Think scoring is low now? wait until Torts implements his awesome defensive style of play or benches the twins 5 games for not blocking a shot in the pre-season. You'll wish Tippett and his exciting style of up tempo hockey in comparison was here

Archived