The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] AV will be named head coach of NYR

Firstly, its not that the Twins "can't handle being yelled at". If they can take the abuse and name calling they get on and off the ice I have little doubt they could "handle" Torts just fine. Were I (and I assume other people that want nothing to do with Torts) take issue is that the screaming a-hole act isn't much of a motivator for people who are already consummate professionals and some of the fittest, hardest working players in the league. Yelling at guys who are already doing their job is not going to help push them

As for the second post, the twins aren't the issue playoffs or otherwise. They need some scoring support plain and simple. When they have to do all the heavy lifting themselves, the other team just throws everything at them and shuts them down. Particuarly in the tighter checking and less penalties playoffs. Despite all that they're still averaging almost a point a game in the playoff the last two crappty years. People blaming the twins for this teams recent failings don't know hockey from a hole in their heads.

Firstly, its not that the Twins "can't handle being yelled at". If they can take the abuse and name calling they get on and off the ice I have little doubt they could "handle" Torts just fine. Were I (and I assume other people that want nothing to do with Torts) take issue is that the screaming a-hole act isn't much of a motivator for people who are already consummate professionals and some of the fittest, hardest working players in the league. Yelling at guys who are already doing their job is not going to help push them

As for the second post, the twins aren't the issue playoffs or otherwise. They need some scoring support plain and simple. When they have to do all the heavy lifting themselves, the other team just throws everything at them and shuts them down. Particuarly in the tighter checking and less penalties playoffs. Despite all that they're still averaging almost a point a game in the playoff the last two crappty years. People blaming the twins for this teams recent failings don't know hockey from a hole in their heads.

Maybe I should have been more clear, the original post wasn't directed solely at the Sedins, I should have worded it more as everyone but Kesler, Bieksa and maybe 1-2 others on some nights.

I agree the Sedins need support, but why is it then that they are superstars in the regular season but can't seem to elevate in the playoffs (support aside)? The other teams don't throw everything at them, you can only have 5 guys on the ice, so not much different than the regular season no? Or is it that the other teams that knock us out simply want it more.

Crosby is arguably the best player in the league. Malkin's not far behind. Iginla's a Canadian hockey legend. How'd they fare against Boston? You don't get any more super or starrier than those guys and they got shut the @#$% down.

You also know damn well what I meant. The opposition throws there best d-pair and checking forwards out there and the twins basically shackled. And despite that, they're still averaging roughly a point a game in the playoffs. Don't elevate their game my arse. :rolleyes: You have no idea what we even have in them. We'd be competing for lottery picks without those two guys.

Seriously do you even watch hockey?

ALRIGHT, listen here guys:

The biggest problem with our players is that they're a bunch of uppity, country clubesque, nancyboys with a serious lack of passion and drive. We'll also pretty much be the Calgary Flames in about 3-5 years if this continues. That's why I support Torts getting hired if he does, because hopefully he can whip these losers into shape, and we can stop being the Casucks.

Also The Sedins can't handle being yelled at? Aww my poor wittle babies........are they not grown men?!?! Then I'm pretty sure those aren't the type of players I want to have running hte show!

Crosby is arguably the best player in the league. Malkin's not far behind. Iginla's a Canadian hockey legend. How'd they fare against Boston? You don't get any more super or starrier than those guys and they got shut the @#$% down.

You also know damn well what I meant. The opposition throws there best d-pair and checking forwards out there and the twins basically shackled. And despite that, they're still averaging roughly a point a game in the playoffs. Don't elevate their game my arse. :rolleyes: You have no idea what we even have in them. We'd be competing for lottery picks without those two guys.

Seriously do you even watch hockey?

Archived