The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This is not Vancouver

CupisAll

yep Luongo lets in 1 goal on 12 shots and it's 100% his fault we lost when Schneider let in the first 3 on 20 shots before he cramped up, Schneiderboy logic. the only ignorant babble is coming from you and the other Schneider fanboys that think Luongo is the problem with this team. get a clue

I see why Noheart doesn't bother with you. I've never said Luongo is the problem with this team - never said anything remotely resembling that. In fact I've actually spent hundreds of posts and a blog defending Luongo - he's not perfect , he has his ups and downs, but he's still a great goaltender with HOF potential. What makes me puke is the people who play him and Schneider off of each other - as you do - and the point in this thread was more that you have sidetracked this discussion into yet more irrelevent and overkilled Luongo talk. Ironically you pull out the 'fanboy' label - an example of precisely why I don't value the kind of prattle you post.

actually all I said was our team was one huge save by luongo away from being blown up, because you know..Luongo was our goalie during that game. And Nobrain took that as me making this into a Luongo thread lol. I would have said the same no matter who the goalie was that made that save

So I say again, the only ignorant babble is coming from you two.

You don't bother with me or value what I post, yet you keep responding. Interesting

There's a difference between inferiority and plain disrespect. The Eastern media has an obvious bias against the Canucks and so allows comments about them through. For one thing, talking about other teams is forbidden ground.

I find it funny how the Bruins and Blackhawks are still whining about the Canucks. Get over yourselves.

Ok seriously as much as I love the Canucks if i had to pick who I think the Bruins had a better chance at coming back from an 0-2 series deficit against between us and Chicago, I would say us. Take off your Canuck glasses we aren't anywhere near the team the Blackhawks are

I think if the Canucks were healthy in that series, they win in 5 max. The fact it went 7 games speaks volumes of how good the Canucks actually were in 2011. After the first two games of this series, I can honestly say the 2011 Canucks would smoke both these teams!!!

I haven't wrote on these boards in about a year and when I do it's very seldom; however, the irony of THIS post in THIS topic was all too magical. Thank you. I will probably go back into hibernation again as CDC continues to seldom bring up anything well thought out.

And your post was so well thought out by you that you didn't even need to justify it right?

Media made us out to be the bad guys in 2011. I have no idea why you would think they wouldn't do that again if we were in the finals.

And yes, the casual fans hang on to these things for a long time. That's why we'll still hear that "Crosby is a crybaby" and "Ovie and Thornton don't show up for the playoffs" along with other nonsense.

I actually don't mind that people hate the Canucks, well, while we're still good. Hate is bred from jealousy and we have had extremely strong teams for the past few years. Let's hope we can reload and keep shutting people up with Ws.

Edit: Not to say I think we have done great in the playoffs the last few years. But perhaps after a couple of stumbles this team truly knows how they need to play successfully. The twins are 32-33...not 36+. Plus, the way they play should benefit them as they get older. Our window is not closed so long as we stay healthy and supplement our extremely good core with some good pieces. The whole fun of being a fan of a hockey team is the unpredictability of things. Would you really enjoy watching hockey if you knew the Canucks were going to go 82-0 and win the cup every year? Not me. I like watching hockey for what it is: the best game on Earth!

Being down here in the States, I seem to remember getting stuck watching NBC/Versus during most of the 2011 playoffs. I had to hear JR refer to Chicago as "our guys" on multiple occasions during our series against them. Yeah... So much for a "neutral national sports broadcast." Also, they pandered to the "us versus them" crowd by trying to sell the CSN Bay Area broadcast as their national broadcast for our series against San Jose this year. NBC, you fail.

Exactly. People who hate on the canucks should probably take a look at their own teams diving and whining....because every team in the league does it. Plus, all last series Toews was whining to ref, didn't you see his temper-tantrum on a penalty in the penalty box..I mean he's the captain and he had to comforted by another team-mate...FAIL

first - that is irrelevent, and, how you turned that into "anyone who thinks we dominated Chicago" is a mystery - those are your straw words.

second - Chicago, the Pres Trophy winner, was one shot away from losing a game 7 to Detroit, a 7 seed, a mere two weeks ago.

Archived