128 replies to this topic

#61 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

Baertschi was PPG at the end of the season when he finally got more ice + PP time. You asked if the Flames have a 23 yr old PPG winger. Baertschi has 3 more years to reach that goal. So the joke's on you bud ;)

Also posted already http://www.thehockey...-NHL-draft.html checkmate mini-scout

Man, you're lacking some brain cells.

Point per game means, point per game. You don't just get to pick little segments and say they were a point per game player. :picard:

The jokes on me because the Flames don't have any 23 year old point per game players? Alright. I could say Kassian will be a point per game player next year, that doesn't mean it's true. :lol:

Checkmate because you found one article that says he was ranked 25th...Well that's it, the Hockey News says he was a 1st round pick, it must be true. Or you could base it on more credible rankings like central souting and ISS, you know? the professionals?

Here's the final rankings for North America skaters done by Central Scouting. As you can see Jankowski is ranked 43rd for North American skaters.

http://www.nhl.com/i...ge.htm?id=79331

Edited by DeNiro, 15 June 2013 - 11:02 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#62 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Man, you're lacking some brain cells.

Point per game means, point per game. You don't just get to pick little segments and say they were a point per game player. :picard:

The jokes on me because the Flames don't have any 23 year old point per game players? Alright. I could say Kassian will be a point per game player next year, that doesn't mean it's true. :lol:

Checkmate because you found one article that says he was ranked 25th...Well that's it, the Hockey News says he was a 1st round pick, it must be true. Or you could base it on more credible rankings like central souting and ISS, you know? the professionals?

you are arguing everything honestly just for the sake of arguing but making no points. It's hilarious :lol:

it's easy to comprehend. He started the year on the 4th line and stayed there for a while for no reason. He was a good player already in the AHL during the lockout. When Baertschi played around 18 minutes last year(and he will next year full-time) at the end of last season, he was often the most noticeable forward and the stat sheets showed. He was PPG.

oh and read the title, "NHL scouts re-rank the 2012 draft." you know, NHL scouts, the ones that actually report to their teams and know every aspect of prospects.

3499h5x.jpg
Johnny Gaudreau>any Casucks

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

This is fairly even as well.

#63 Nuxfanabroad

Nuxfanabroad

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:06 PM

Is is the preceding 5~7 yrs which determines how much will be spent, for a top pick? After the dominance of Gretz, Yzerman & Mario, Quebec could demand a king's ransom for big eric. One could argue Detroit would have been justified spending 4 or 5 pieces, just to acquire Yzerman-of course it wouldn't pay off until a decade passed, & they'd built up around him.

In the 80's one probably would've put Lafontaine in that same category-a player you trade many pieces to acquire. When such a talent gets knocked out from multiple injuries, it could set a team back years, if they spent too much in the first place.

Historically, one can probably argue this debate either way.

#64 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:18 PM

you are arguing everything honestly just for the sake of arguing but making no points. It's hilarious :lol:

it's easy to comprehend. He started the year on the 4th line and stayed there for a while for no reason. He was a good player already in the AHL during the lockout. When Baertschi played around 18 minutes last year(and he will next year full-time) at the end of last season, he was often the most noticeable forward and the stat sheets showed. He was PPG.

oh and read the title, "NHL scouts re-rank the 2012 draft." you know, NHL scouts, the ones that actually report to their teams and know every aspect of prospects.

You're the one making ridiculous statements like Baertschi will be a point per game player next year. I'm simply shutting you down.

I think you need to read the actual article. :lol:

So how about the 2012 first round? How might that unfold in the eyes of a scouting panel if we were to re-convene today? After a half season of evaluation to consider, here’s the revised order based on voting for the top 50 prospects in Future Watch 2013.

It's a vote based on half of a season where the picks are just jumbled around based on how they were playing in March. It really doesn't have much basis for anything.

If the list was done again at the end of the season, I guarantee it would look completely different.

Again, central scouting had him ranked 43rd among North American skaters. Regardless if his stock has improved since then, he was not regarded as a 1st round pick. He could have been had in the 2nd.

Posted Image

#65 ForsbergTheGreat

ForsbergTheGreat

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,764 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

Or you know, you don't go all in the first year you get a top 10 pick. Not many opportunities come along to pick 3 times in the first round of a deep draft.

And if it is a slow rebuild like you said, why not tank next season for a player who is even more highly touted than Mackinnon?

They're not just a number 1 center away from being a contender. They're also a number 1 D-man, a goaltender, and all sorts of depth players away from getting there. Why not fill those holes now when you have multiple picks?

Seems to me teams that pick 3 times in the 1st round have done pretty well in the past.

There's one thing you need to realize about the flames org. Ownership is extremely involved in the decision making. They were the ones who didn't want to move Iginla as he was a city favourite and brings fans into the building. With the loss of iggy, bringing this team a first overall pick will only ignite excitement in calgary, with the thought that they have this potential superstar in the making.

At the same time Feaster may not be the smartest GM but he's also fighting for his life. Ownership has already came out and stated calgary will not except a rebuild and if the flame don't make playoffs next year that Feaster will be fired.

#66 canuckfan85

canuckfan85

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

what a stupid move by calgary, would you rather have one franchise player or 3 likely top 9 or top 4 D...hmmmm

now if calgary offered all of there picks, now that would be interesting to me...

#67 Southpop45

Southpop45

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

it just goes to show how much teams must overpay in order to move into the top 3 or 5. i have no idea what kind of offer colorado is waiting for but those first two offers were ridiculous overpayment. cleary the avs think theyll get even better offers.

#68 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,554 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:20 AM

Sven Baertschi next year, or the year after, or the year after that... ;)

and already called you out on Jankowski. You THINK you know more than NHL scouts but you don't. In fact you know nothing but some crap TSN spews out at you

No point arguing with you lol. Anytime you have no point you just circle back to the "lol FLAMES ARE SO BAD" view. Classic delusional canucks fan

Not disagreeing with you on most of your points, but just because we tend to have a different opinion doesn't make us delusional.

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#69 Sandro17

Sandro17

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:49 AM

If this is such a stupid move by Calgary, isn't it an even stupider move by Colorado for not taking the trade?

#70 Conscience

Conscience

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:15 AM

Stamkos probably isn't the best 1st overall pick to compare to, considering he's the second best player in the NHL. look at the last 3 first picks and then compare them to 3 players in the 2003 draft. There is no guarantee that the player becomes that good.
Dwight Schrute: Where is my desk?
Jim Halpert: That is weird.
Dwight Schrute: This is not funny. This is totally unprofessional.
Jim Halpert: Okay, well you're the one who lost the desk.
Dwight Schrute: I did not lose my desk!
Jim Halpert: Okay, calm down. Where was the last place you saw it?
Dwight Schrute: Okay, who moved my desk!
Jim Halpert: I think you should retrace your steps.

#71 qwijibo

qwijibo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:37 AM

And people in the Proposals thread think the 1st overall pick could be had for Edler and Vancouvers 1st lol

Edited by qwijibo, 16 June 2013 - 07:38 AM.

#72 TheAce

TheAce

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:14 AM

Looking back at the last few drafts, there is no guarantee from the 20th pick onwards. If I was Calgary , Id make the same offer to get a chance to possibly get a franchise player. Picking up solid goal scorers or D-men are happening every year. ( Staal, Parise, Kovalchuk, Gaborik, Semin etc ) yet rarely ever will you see a Crosby, Tavaras, Stamkos ( franchise player) get dealt. I would rather have that franchise player who can make a difference every game and build around them.

#73 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

Lol, and that's guaranteed right?

Sorry but you're a blind homer if you think that's a good move. If Calgary knew how to use their picks wisely, they could have 3 really solid young players. Or even trade up one spot and get a player who will be as good if not better than Mackinnon.

So essentially you could have:

Barkov/Nichushkin + Mantha/Gauthier + Rychel/Klimchuk

Or

Mackinnon

But keep drinking Feaster's kool aid. :lol:

You said Mackinnon is the next Crosby?

Refer to my sig.. Are you saying you don't trade those 3 picks for Sidney Crosby? Terrible...

Posted Image

#74 Warhippy

Warhippy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,106 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

And people in the Proposals thread think the 1st overall pick could be had for Edler and Vancouvers 1st lol

Are you serious? It is Ebbett and vancouvers 7th and a thank you card from Colorado
CIaude Giroux Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:15 PM

He's out for 6 months (which will hinder his development) and he really needs that development. There's already worries that he won't translate to the NHL and he'll end up a huge ass bust.

#75 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:38 AM

Refer to my sig.. Are you saying you don't trade those 3 picks for Sidney Crosby? Terrible...

Is that all you ever have to respond to my posts with?

For one thing I was just reiterating what other analysts have been saying about this guy for the past 3 years. I guess you think Bob Mackenzie is an idiot too huh?

And you say dumb stuff every day. Yet you don't see me putting it in a sig. :lol:

Posted Image

#76 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

Is that all you ever have to respond to my posts with?

For one thing I was just reiterating what other analysts have been saying about this guy for the past 3 years. I guess you think Bob Mackenzie is an idiot too huh?

And you say dumb stuff every day. Yet you don't see me putting it in a sig. :lol:

I'd love for you to show me Mackenzie saying that Mackinnon is the next Sidney Crosby

And why not? Quote me, it'll be quite the snafu

Edited by Django, 16 June 2013 - 11:53 AM.

Posted Image

#77 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,716 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:54 AM

Calgary needs to replace the face of the franchise post Iginla

#78 Jaku

Jaku

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,186 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 11:58 AM

Another bad bad sign for the Flames organization that their team is in the hands of lunatic.

Probably the most accurate statement of Feaster ever made. It seems like he doesn't really know what he is doing. Dealing Iginla for 2 mediocre college prospects and a late 1st pick? Now offering all of their firsts for one 1st overall? Jay Feaster is going to drive the Flames into the ground.
R.I.P- #37 Rick Rypien, #28 Luc Bourdon, #38 Pavol Demitra Forever Canucks.
Posted Image
Credit to Khalifawiz501 for the Sig.
Posted ImageColorado Avalanche GM in CDC STHS Sim League

#79 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:00 PM

Mackinnon will be the next Crosby.

LOL gold!

pick a side and stick with it de niro... makes you look dumber than you are

3499h5x.jpg

Edler, Markstrom, Hansen, 2nd round pick 2014 to Islanders for Ryan Strome, 5th overall pick 2014

#80 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:05 PM

LOL gold!

He makes a living contradicting himself, been like that for years

Edited by Django, 16 June 2013 - 12:05 PM.

Posted Image

#81 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

If the flames value their picks so low maybe we can get their #6 off them for our 1st and Raymond's rights lol
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#82 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Not disagreeing with you on most of your points, but just because we tend to have a different opinion doesn't make us delusional.

I'm talking about the ones that know nothing about the team/player they are criticizing. Makes them look like that have NO idea what they are saying.

3499h5x.jpg

#83 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

I don't get it. After all he picks they've squandered on trades in the past this is the best scenario for any team wanting to rebuild. It makes no sense to give all that up. Especially with the divisions changing next season and Calgary facing much tougher competition in our division next year.

The only reason I can see Feaster doing this is because Flames ownership have lost their face of the franchise in Iglina and need a new face to market to sell tickets and a 1st overall pick is much better to sell then a few good pieces.

#84 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

LOL gold!

Wow, between you and Django, you almost have a full brain.

I never denied saying that. Even though it was partially sarcasm, something I'm sure you don't understand.

If you had read my posts after that comment, I went on to say it was unlikely he becomes as good as Crosby. ;)

But keep trying to derail the thread, and divert attention away from the boneheaded decisions Feaster is making. :lol:

Posted Image

#85 TmanVan

TmanVan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:18 PM

Would you rather have Crosby and nothing else, or Neal, Letang, Sutter and no Crosby? Not saying 1st overall will turn into Crosby, its just a dumb move for a re-build. Keep the picks.

#86 Baercheese

Baercheese

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,734 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Wow, between you and Django, you almost have a full brain.

I never denied saying that. Even though it was partially sarcasm, something I'm sure you don't understand.

If you had read my posts after that comment, I went on to say it was unlikely he becomes as good as Crosby. ;)

But keep trying to derail the thread, and divert attention away from the boneheaded decisions Feaster is making. :lol:

I've already spent a page arguing my point, too bad you can't comprehend the importance of a first line center or the hit-and-miss nature of the draft. Right now just making fun of your hypocrisy as always :lol: using insults to make yourself feel better because you have nothing to argue back, now THAT'S gold

3499h5x.jpg

#87 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,860 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

I've already spent a page arguing my point, too bad you can't comprehend the importance of a first line center or the hit-and-miss nature of the draft. Right now just making fun of your hypocrisy as always :lol: using insults to make yourself feel better because you have nothing to argue back, now THAT'S gold

And what was your point exactly? You haven't really made one?

You still have yet to provide any evidence that Mackinnon is worth more than 3 first round picks. You know why? Because you can't. Because it's all based on your belief that Mackinnon will be a clear cut franchise centerman. Making an argument based on that assumption isn't a very good one.

My point on the other hand was that having 3 picks in a deep draft can fill more holes for Calgary this draft, than trading them all for one player will. You can argue that all you want, but it's true.

You know the reason why Buffalo can make the offer they did? Becuase they have a deep prospect pool. The flames on the other hand have a very thin prospect pool. That's why they should be re-stocking while they can.

Pretty sure I've used more common sense in this argument than you have. Saying Jankowski was a 1st round pick (despite him being ranked 43rd among NA skaters). Claiming Baertschi will be a PPG player next year because he was for a stretch of games at the end of this season. Claiming Stamkos is easily worth more than Hodgson, Eberle, and Voynov. It's not hard to argue back with statements like these. :lol:

And I believe you were the first one to toss an insult by calling me a "mini scout" (which you've now deleted). So don't talk to me about insults.

Edited by DeNiro, 16 June 2013 - 03:34 PM.

Posted Image

#88 Avicii

Avicii

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,363 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:31 PM

And what was your point exactly? You haven't really made one?

You still have yet to provide any evidence that Mackinnon is worth more than 3 first round picks. You know why? Because you can't. Because it's all based on your belief that Mackinnon will be a clear cut franchise centerman. Making an argument based on that assumption isn't a very good one.

My point on the other hand was that having 3 picks in a deep draft can fill more holes for Calgary this draft, than trading them all for one player will. You can argue that all you want, but it's true.

You know the reason why Buffalo can make the offer they did? Becuase they have a deep prospect pool. The flames on the other hand have a very thin prospect pool. That's why they should be re-stocking while they can.

Pretty sure I've used more common sense in this argument than you have. Saying Jankowski was a 1st round pick (despite him being ranked 43rd among NA skaters). Claiming Baertschi will be a PPG player next year because he was for a stretch of games at the end of this season. Claiming Stamkos is easily worth more than Hodgson, Eberle, and Voynov. It's not hard to argue back with statements like these. :lol:

And I believe you were the first one to toss an insult by calling me a "mini scout" (which you've now deleted). So don't talk to me about insults.

Wait, you're arguing with a guy, and calling him an idiot, for saying the EXACT same thing you were saying like a week ago? Which, in fact, you changed your mind because you realized what crap you were saying was ridiculous and naive.

And you're saying HE'S arguing based on pure assumption? LOL, what a joke. Aren't you assuming Jankowski doesn't pan out? Aren't you assuming that the 3 prospects will be better than Mackinnon? Didn't you say that Mackinnon is the next Crosby, then later retract your statement cause i bet "other analysts changed their mind" (which in fact you have never proven to me yet that Mackenzie came out and said Mackinnon is the next CROSBY)..

Call a guy an idiot for making assumptions, yet you spew them out every time you make a post.

Edited by Django, 16 June 2013 - 05:37 PM.

Posted Image

#89 Drouin

Drouin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Lol! MacKinnon or Jones will be awesome, but they could get a gem. + 6th isn't bad, ontop of that, 2 more 1sts :picard:

drouin_sig_by_motzaburger-d7ucejm.jpg

Sig by CheddaBurger

#90 King Heffy

King Heffy

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,399 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:40 AM

Just because Calgary has those late 1sts doesn't mean they'll use them well. Maybe they don't trust themselves to get something decent after taking Jankowski last year.

Calgary ownership is tight with Bettman (see lockout). Given Jones is likely to figure prominently in the NHL's marketing to African-Americans, it';s very likely that whoever gets him will get some favourable calls (assuming Calgary can ever make the playoffs, which doubtful).

KcJJSvD.jpg

Put Gino in the ROH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.