The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[HNIC] Calgary offered all their 1st round picks for Colorado's number 1

DeNiro

Man, you're lacking some brain cells.

Point per game means, point per game. You don't just get to pick little segments and say they were a point per game player. :picard:

The jokes on me because the Flames don't have any 23 year old point per game players? Alright. I could say Kassian will be a point per game player next year, that doesn't mean it's true. :lol:

Checkmate because you found one article that says he was ranked 25th...Well that's it, the Hockey News says he was a 1st round pick, it must be true. Or you could base it on more credible rankings like central souting and ISS, you know? the professionals?

Is is the preceding 5~7 yrs which determines how much will be spent, for a top pick? After the dominance of Gretz, Yzerman & Mario, Quebec could demand a king's ransom for big eric. One could argue Detroit would have been justified spending 4 or 5 pieces, just to acquire Yzerman-of course it wouldn't pay off until a decade passed, & they'd built up around him.

In the 80's one probably would've put Lafontaine in that same category-a player you trade many pieces to acquire. When such a talent gets knocked out from multiple injuries, it could set a team back years, if they spent too much in the first place.

Historically, one can probably argue this debate either way.

you are arguing everything honestly just for the sake of arguing but making no points. It's hilarious :lol:

it's easy to comprehend. He started the year on the 4th line and stayed there for a while for no reason. He was a good player already in the AHL during the lockout. When Baertschi played around 18 minutes last year(and he will next year full-time) at the end of last season, he was often the most noticeable forward and the stat sheets showed. He was PPG.

oh and read the title, "NHL scouts re-rank the 2012 draft." you know, NHL scouts, the ones that actually report to their teams and know every aspect of prospects.

Or you know, you don't go all in the first year you get a top 10 pick. Not many opportunities come along to pick 3 times in the first round of a deep draft.

And if it is a slow rebuild like you said, why not tank next season for a player who is even more highly touted than Mackinnon?

They're not just a number 1 center away from being a contender. They're also a number 1 D-man, a goaltender, and all sorts of depth players away from getting there. Why not fill those holes now when you have multiple picks?

Seems to me teams that pick 3 times in the 1st round have done pretty well in the past.

it just goes to show how much teams must overpay in order to move into the top 3 or 5. i have no idea what kind of offer colorado is waiting for but those first two offers were ridiculous overpayment. cleary the avs think theyll get even better offers.

Sven Baertschi next year, or the year after, or the year after that... ;)

and already called you out on Jankowski. You THINK you know more than NHL scouts but you don't. In fact you know nothing but some crap TSN spews out at you

No point arguing with you lol. Anytime you have no point you just circle back to the "lol FLAMES ARE SO BAD" view. Classic delusional canucks fan

Stamkos probably isn't the best 1st overall pick to compare to, considering he's the second best player in the NHL. look at the last 3 first picks and then compare them to 3 players in the 2003 draft. There is no guarantee that the player becomes that good.

Looking back at the last few drafts, there is no guarantee from the 20th pick onwards. If I was Calgary , Id make the same offer to get a chance to possibly get a franchise player. Picking up solid goal scorers or D-men are happening every year. ( Staal, Parise, Kovalchuk, Gaborik, Semin etc ) yet rarely ever will you see a Crosby, Tavaras, Stamkos ( franchise player) get dealt. I would rather have that franchise player who can make a difference every game and build around them.

Lol, and that's guaranteed right?

Sorry but you're a blind homer if you think that's a good move. If Calgary knew how to use their picks wisely, they could have 3 really solid young players. Or even trade up one spot and get a player who will be as good if not better than Mackinnon.

So essentially you could have:

Barkov/Nichushkin + Mantha/Gauthier + Rychel/Klimchuk

Or

Mackinnon

But keep drinking Feaster's kool aid. :lol:

Is that all you ever have to respond to my posts with?

For one thing I was just reiterating what other analysts have been saying about this guy for the past 3 years. I guess you think Bob Mackenzie is an idiot too huh?

And you say dumb stuff every day. Yet you don't see me putting it in a sig. :lol:

Archived