The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

To the Vancouver Canucks from Utica

UticaHockey

Assuming team officials actually do read these forums I would like to thank you for bringing your farm team to Utica and for the professionalism shown so far.

I'm sure that you were under substantial pressure from local media to comment about your AHL plans yet you reamained silent and didn't steal the thunder away from the local investors and stakeholders in Utica and allowed us to have our day in the sun with a fantastic press conference.

The buzz that was created at this press conference already has the team off to a fast start. The Comets in two days already have over 4200 likes on their Facebook page. With just a couple of tables set up in the Aud they sold over 500 season tickets on Saturday. I haven't seen the Sunday numbers yet but the traffic of people coming down to buy seats was steady all day from what I understand.

Thanks for the great information about Utica and our hockey history on the official Canucks website. Very nicely done.

Lastly thanks for creating a geat looking logo and sweater that perfectly combines our local hockey heritage with the Canucks brand. I look forward to a long relationship between the Vancouver Canucks and the Utica Comets. I have my season tickets and can't wait to see them play next October.

Assuming team officials actually do read these forums I would like to thank you for bringing your farm team to Utica and for the professionalism shown so far.

I'm sure that you were under substantial pressure from local media to comment about your AHL plans yet you reamained silent and didn't steal the thunder away from the local investors and stakeholders in Utica and allowed us to have our day in the sun with a fantastic press conference.

The buzz that was created at this press conference already has the team off to a fast start. The Comets in two days already have over 4200 likes on their Facebook page. With just a couple of tables set up in the Aud they sold over 500 season tickets on Saturday. I haven't seen the Sunday numbers yet but the traffic of people coming down to buy seats was steady all day from what I understand.

Thanks for the great information about Utica and our hockey history on the official Canucks website. Very nicely done.

Lastly thanks for creating a geat looking logo and sweater that perfectly combines our local hockey heritage with the Canucks brand. I look forward to a long relationship between the Vancouver Canucks and the Utica Comets. I have my season tickets and can't wait to see them play next October.

No problem, Utica. It's my pleasure to have my favorite hockey teams prospects in Utica, I hope you enjoy them. If you could make sure Niklas Jensen, Frank Corrado, Brendan Gaunce, Alexandre Mallet and whoever we draft this year doesn't party too much, that would be great.

Archived