The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk

I think he'll go 9-12. After the big three (Jones, Drouin, Mackinnon), I think Barkov, Lindholm and Nishushkin are 4/5/6 (in no particular order), Edmonton will take a D so either Nurse (probable), Ristolainen or Zadorov. Monohan will go 8, then I think Shinkaruk, whichever of those 2 aforementioned D don't get picked, and Domi will go 8-12, any of them could go in any of those places.

But do you see that as an honest translation into his NHL game ?

Hard to say.

I think his biggest issue is consistency. He doesn't bring it every shift yet but then again neither did Stillman early on.

He's got the talent but where he goes from here is up to him. A guy his size is going to need to work because what is average size now will be below average soon.

Hard to say.

I think his biggest issue is consistency. He doesn't bring it every shift yet but then again neither did Stillman early on.

He's got the talent but where he goes from here is up to him. A guy his size is going to need to work because what is average size now will be below average soon.

Uh oh, im in trouble ! :blush:

Hard to say.

sounds just like schroeder. fails to bring it every shift, fighting against his small stature, but very talented.

I'd be surprised if he did not become a top 6 forward in his career.

At 5'10 (even 5'11 by some sources) he isn't overly small by todays standards, and he plays bigger than that. His tenacity coupled with his offensive skill should get him far in the NHL.

I also feel like a small player who proved his worth in the WHL have gone a long way to show that their size shouldn't be much of a hinderance.

sounds just like schroeder. fails to bring it every shift, fighting against his small stature, but very talented.

He's is much bigger than Schroeder but has a similar body shape. He isn't one of those skinny kids is what I am saying.

I'd be surprised if he did not become a top 6 forward in his career.

At 5'10 (even 5'11 by some sources) he isn't overly small by todays standards, and he plays bigger than that. His tenacity coupled with his offensive skill should get him far in the NHL.

I also feel like a small player who proved his worth in the WHL have gone a long way to show that their size shouldn't be much of a hinderance.

He will be undersized by Pro standards though as soon as he steps into the AHL. 5'11" is definitely 'small' by NHL standards for a forward. He could overcome it, anyone with skating and a shot like his can, but the real question will be if he is willing to take the pounding shift after shift.

Make no mistake about it though, his size will always be a question mark until he can prove it isn't.

Archived