The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Corban Knight to Test Free Agency

If he makes it to UFA, Gillis should be all over this kid. He will be a FA if he doesn't sign by August 15th. Averaged 58% in the faceoff dot over the last three seasons, Pronman notes that he's elite defensively, and has some offensive upside. He's also an agitator that plays with an edge, something that this team could use more of. Middling skater though.

Come on Canuck fan, let your true colours shine through.

Looks to be good size, good on his skates, and could be a good third line addition. Needs to find another move other than going glove high on the breakaways though, noticed in on of the videos he went there 90% of the time...goalies in the NHL will school him...

Seems to have a deceptive shot/finds holes but not that powerful, and his hands don't look 'slick' by any means. But could be a nice depth addition to the nucks and fill in nicely on a third line with Guance in the future...

Apparently, he has trained with Eberle so don't be surprised if he ends up in Edm. I don't think this guy is a HUGE loss like Schultz was. However, I am surprised Edm continues to want youth. They need vets now, they have enough young players, they won't win until they get some vets w size on that team. And the longer they go without winning, the more damage they will do to those potential superstars...eventually losing becomes easy..

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/Gregor+centre+Corban+Knight+could+really+help+Edmonton+Oilers+with+this+skill/8533403/story.html

Sid is me and I were on top of this already :)

BC boy, Canucks fan, training with NHLers in Alberta right now (includ. Eberle). Corey Pronman rated him last summer as Floridas 4th best prospect, great 2 way player (more defensive than offensive). Lists him as a potential 2nd line centre in future.

He did a media interview w/ Edm guy 2 days ago (Says 2 teams other than Edm were trying to trade for his rights): Link

Corey Pronams prospect analysis of him, good read: Link

Canucks Army recap of him: Link

I think it's all but certain Gillis goes after him in Aug - if he hits FA. You'd think he'd get a better opportunity in Cgy vs. Edm or Van. But hopefully Gillis can convince him otherwise B)

He tweeted pretty much tweeted every day about the Canucks cup run and Kesler entering beast mode. He loves Bieksa. He defended the team when his buddies were cutting them down. He's very clearly 'proudly Cdn' - tweet it a bunch of times. I bet he signs w/ a Cdn team for sure.

Edit: Sounds like he could be David Booth religious. His dad is the hockey Chaplain for the Cgy Flames and Cgy Stampeders. Not sure what a hockey chaplain is? But here's the Link

During the past ten days we spoke with Corban and his agent, and were pleased to learn Corban wanted to start his pro career in Calgary. We were able to consummate the trade today with Florida, and are confident we will get Corban signed when permitted in July.

Archived