The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Corban Knight to Test Free Agency

Gino!

But as others have said, Flames have traded for his rights but that's no guarantee they sign him. If it was, then people should give more credit to Gillis for getting Hamhuis after his rights were traded to other teams (twice!) before he decided to go to free agency and then signing with the Canucks.

Until I hear he's reached an agreement in principle (to be finalized on July 5) then it's possible he doesn't sign with Calgary.

Why does everyone think he's a lock for Calgary? They traded for his rights, doesn't mean he'll sign. If you think about it leaving Florida for Calgary is a lateral move in terms of terribad. It could rather be the case that he's walking away from Florida in order to join a competitive team, regardless where he slots in.

Edmonton really shouldn't bother with him, they've got enough young forwards - this kid isn't going to have any room to develop on that team. Calgary seems perfect - Alberta kid going to a team with essentially no depth at center.

Of course he'd fit well into our development here. Although he has the same niche as Gaunce, the two of them would make a great 2nd/3rd line center or even higher. You need big physical defensive centers in today's NHL, Boston are proving that with Krejci and Bergeron.

Looks like it's really all but done, so we can lock this up or change it to a "Flames sign" thread:

Wes Gilbertson ‏@SUNGilbertson

#Flames C Corban Knight: “Calgary had the needs that I could bring to the table. And then it was close to home, so that was a bonus.”

Raised a Canucks fan, Corban Knight now a 'diehard #Flames fan.' My story on the 22-year-old trade acquisition — http://bit.ly/1bSHeh5

Archived