Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

406281dylan

Extension coming for #40?

137 posts in this topic

Well a couple weeks ago on twitter Lapierres agent Don Meehan went on twitter and said the Canucks were not in talks with his client. Today according to Stephanie Gonzalez out of TVA Sports, she says while interviewing Laperre in the gym that he would like to avoid a 2 year contract and sign long term in a place he could be happy, Lapierre has had talks with Vancouver and the organization is waiting to handle the coaching situation before taking in to the next level in contract talks with Lapierre.

http://tvasports.ca/hockey/lnh/securite-demploi-recherchee-18062013

"Maxim Lapierre espère signer un contrat de trois ou quatre ans, à Vancouver ou ailleurs."

This is good news it cant be bad to lock up a player who was 2nd in the league at defensive zone faceoffs last year, and a guy who can really chip and put games away,especially in the shootouts!

Just put that quote into google translate: "Maxim Lapierre hopes to sign a contract for three or four years, in Vancouver or elsewhere." I think it would be good if we could re-sign Lappy to center our 4th line for the next three or four years. But then again, I wouldn't lose too much sleep if we let him go.

I really hope we can sign Lappy long term for good money. He's a physical pest who we should definitely keep.

I'd love to see him stick around, I think he's great on the 4th line.

Quite honestly I am not keen on making any more of our 3rd and 4th line players comfortable for more than 2 years. Especially Lappy.

We need to stop giving average players long contracts. If he wants to walk............fine by me.

I would have no problem with Lapierre signing in Vancouver for three years. Can be an effective player and has some offense if in the right position.

Lappy is one of most consistent physical players.

If this team wants to get tougher for the playoffs, getting rid of him would be counter productive.

4 years at say $1.25 million per would be fine. he is one of the guys that works every single night and if we surround him with semi talented or at least regular guys for the 4th line we might get some regular production out of him as well. Sign him GMMG

3 yrs at 1.25M or 4 yrs at 1.175M

^ and ^^ likely going to need to up that caphit for him to remain in Vancouver, he will draw a lot of interest as a free agent. He is going to have some good options to think about if he wants to.

I'd prefer 2-3 years simply given where other players are in their contracts, age etc. It's not unlikely that's when the twins retire and we go in to a mini rebuild.

I really hope we can sign Lappy long term for good money. He's a physical pest who we should definitely keep.

I'm fine with three/four years but please MG don't go over 1.25 million.

Quite honestly I am not keen on making any more of our 3rd and 4th line players comfortable for more than 2 years. Especially Lappy.

We need to stop giving average players long contracts. If he wants to walk............fine by me.

People forget, there has been a lot of shiznit happening with this team this off-season. Can't get to everything all at once.

Wonder if MayRay will be kept as well...

People forget, there has been a lot of shiznit happening with this team this off-season. Can't get to everything all at once.

Wonder if MayRay will be kept as well...