The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Extension coming for #40?

406281dylan

I think we need to sign Tanev before we sign Lappy, and I love lappy but Tanev's deal will take longer to negotiate and we need more solid right handed defensemen on this team. Signing Lappy is also a must this off season since we need more depth

He dishes out a lot of hits and that not only energizes the building, but likely his teammates too.

What I get from Lappy is that he just loves to play the game...he never seems to drag much out there. We need that.

Good post. I am so sick of this whole "everybody dives" crapola. How many diving penalties have been called in this year's playoffs? Remember that in the 2011 playoffs Hank got TWO. Lappy has had two when he was with Montreal (who couldn't get rid of him fast enough) IN ONE GAME! Burrows is so bad he managed to get a ref fired by diving. And Kesler continues to perform death scenes from all the favorite operas whenever he feels the need to "contribute". We have earned our rep and I feel sorry for any official that has to work a Canuck game because he is not only watching out for actual infractions but he also has to be on the lookout for a group of our players that are constantly trying to fool them into giving them unearned power plays. We have a well earned rep for shenanigans and we have successfully run one ref out of the league with them; is it any wonder that the refs look at us with a jaundiced eye. My hope is that Torts gets rid of the "victim mentality" that has been running rampant in both this team and this fanbase.

And you don't think the way our team has been made up the last couple of years has anything to do with it?

Burrows can't buy ANY call against him because the referees hate him.

Kesler is notorious for his diving and being a yapper on the ice.

Lapierre is basicay the same as those two.

So WHY would refs give us any favors when our key players have painted a whiny, divey, cheap reputation to the officials of the league?

Sorry, if getting rid of Lapierre is one small step to the team shedding its annoying rep, I am 100% for it.

Good post. I am so sick of this whole "everybody dives" crapola. How many diving penalties have been called in this year's playoffs? Remember that in the 2011 playoffs Hank got TWO. Lappy has had two when he was with Montreal (who couldn't get rid of him fast enough) IN ONE GAME! Burrows is so bad he managed to get a ref fired by diving. And Kesler continues to perform death scenes from all the favorite operas whenever he feels the need to "contribute". We have earned our rep and I feel sorry for any official that has to work a Canuck game because he is not only watching out for actual infractions but he also has to be on the lookout for a group of our players that are constantly trying to fool them into giving them unearned power plays. We have a well earned rep for shenanigans and we have successfully run one ref out of the league with them; is it any wonder that the refs look at us with a jaundiced eye. My hope is that Torts gets rid of the "victim mentality" that has been running rampant in both this team and this fanbase.

You've been warned several times about trolling. If you have nothing positive to say about the team/fanbase, then this isn't the right spot for you.

I'd be stoked to see Lappy re-signed. He's nearly a 3rd liner and versatile when there's injuries.

If Tortorella is hired, maybe he'll let Lappy loose and we'll have a full-out 30 point 3rd liner playing 4th line. I mean, he put up 28 points in MTL and 18 points in 53 games the year before that.

Archived