The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Extension coming for #40?

406281dylan

We were out-penalized something like 24-10 in this playoffs against San Jose. And people are actually ADVOCATING keeping Lapierre?! We have enough penalty takers on our team, and the sooner we get rid of this label as being yappy whiny divers, the better.

Will be extremely disappointed if Lapierre comes back. Don't care if he is "all heart" or "physical", he takes way too many unnecessary penalties.

Yikes, not long term. His possession #'s have cratered since he was acquired in 10/11. There's a reason why Schroeder and Ebbett were used over him this yr. He's not even one of their top PKers. I'd rather Boyd Gordon at $2M+ than Lappy at whatever.

This teams needs a new look in the bottom 6. It's been their huge downfall for the last 2 yrs. New faces, please. I'd be furious if Gillis brought back all the same players who got ousted in the last two 1st rounds.

I would like to see a 3rd line with:

Lappy Gaunce Hansen

Let these two show Gaunce the ropes, and help him develop in his first season if he make the team. We definetly need a solid third line as well if Hansen slides down into the 4th, maybe:

Higgins Couturier Burrows :bigblush:

Don't forget that Lappy (12:35) gets more TOI than Konopka (8:26) and has had significant time on 3rd line wing playing with better players than konopka.

And for the PIM, to me it only means more less talk more action. As oppose to Lapierre. Konopka will at least bring energy and stand up for teammates, even if it cost us a few regular season games. In the playoffs that heart will be help and most of his regular season penalties won't be called.

We were out-penalized something like 24-10 in this playoffs against San Jose. And people are actually ADVOCATING keeping Lapierre?! We have enough penalty takers on our team, and the sooner we get rid of this label as being yappy whiny divers, the better.

Will be extremely disappointed if Lapierre comes back. Don't care if he is "all heart" or "physical", he takes way too many unnecessary penalties.

Lappy is a good physical 4th liner. Can play wing, too. Not bad at faceoffs - had a lot of pressure on him with Malhotra's injury. I'd look for him to have a better year if Gillis can pick up a true 3C.

2 years @ $1.3 per?

I love Lappy and the intensity he brings, and would like nothing more to see him in a Nucks uniform next season.

But I dont believe in giving bottom 9 players "long-term deals". Especially us. We recycle 3rd and 4th liners on a regular basis. Max 3 years but I'd much prefer 2.

Don't forget that Lappy (12:35) gets more TOI than Konopka (8:26) and has had significant time on 3rd line wing playing with better players than konopka.

And for the PIM, to me it only means more less talk more action. As oppose to Lapierre. Konopka will at least bring energy and stand up for teammates, even if it cost us a few regular season games. In the playoffs that heart will be help and most of his regular season penalties won't be called.

Archived