The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams want Lu

cmpunk

Luongo will be traded and there will be something coming back in return. The CDC and local media will say "MG - you are one flukey bastud!" and the rest of the NHL fans and media will say "Nucks suck - Good deal for the other team he will make them a contender." No one ever mentions Luongo and 'untradable contract' in the same sentence again. Everyone wins, Luongo threads on the CDC will be the new 'Hodgson' retreads and the newest CDC mod, Elvis15, really buckles down on things to the point where all of the topics on the first page are locked. The Canucks will flounder in last in the realigned division at the mid-season point causing Tortorella to blurt out "Schneider sucks, OK?" in a media scrum and MG will lose his job.

In the end, the fans get what they wanted. Book it.

Do u really think lui will want to play here anymore? Come on... I love the guy but all he showed was class... and mg n av spat on his face... out played Cory by far in the playoffs and had to sit on the bench and see the team he's killed him self for these years get swept thanks to him not playing.

I sure hope hes forgiving. Ive said from the start... hes the better goalie and better for the franchise. I dont care about his age

Elite goalies are hard to come by. Unless we trade for lumdqvist and he takes a pay cut

I can guarantee that we will not be retaining any of Luongo's salary in a trade... nor will we be buying him out.

We are a cap team so keeping cap is a non-starter for us.

If we waived Luongo there would be several claims on him, so buying him out is not necessary.

There is a difference between not getting the return we want in a trade and being in a crisis.

It helps them if they keep him till the end of his contract because we have already paid a big chunk of if in the first few years. The likelihood of him playing to the end or a team wanting him to is slim to none, so your right it helps cash strapped teams in no way whatsoever. To me it looked like a bad deal right from the start (boneheaded MG).

Lui doesnt have a choice he signed a contract. There's no way he would sabotage his 25 friends cup chances just to stick it to MG(whom be probably respects and has a good relationship with.) It's a business, he understands that. You seem to praise him for being this class act, world class athlete and total professional but then suggest he's this bitter, whiney child with a MG dart board on his bedroom door.

Your love for one hockey player is understandable, weise is mine but I'm not saying he's the complete package best bottom six player in the league. Luongo is a great goalie but he's not god and he's not this teams only real chance at a cup...

Who would you rather have honestly Crawford or Schneider. If you say Crawford I think we can discredit anything you've ever said about a goalie. Schneider has surpassed luongo, all the analysts have said it and so has luongo himself. Cory is still young and will have his chances to go on a cup run or 2. Lets see if he lets the flood gates open like your Louie did in his 7 years here.

I'll go ahead and praise Lou now for getting shutouts in the playoffs and say it would have been nice if the twins scored 20 more goals in the finals. You can repeat this to me but I watched it, I know what happened.

My reference to Lou's salary is simply that he's had almost $25-$30 million paid already, $6.7 million is better than 12 or 10 million isn't it?

Eventually the cap will go up and he'll still be playing and helping a team reach the cap floor.

Come on man please tell me you are not that stunned

You think MG just slid a piece of paper across the table and said sign here?

My gawd man, at the time Luongo had incredible leverage.

I live in FLA

Look at my numbers

Who will replace me?

Now pay me accordingly

Lu and his agent did what any greedy Hockey player does when they have a GM by the berries

They negotiated a massive long term front loaded contract with a NTC, it's the business, and power to him.

To say he is an innocent bystander is just silly.

You wanna talk about a classy contract? Look at the Sedins

If Luo would have put his greasy poker playing hands in his pocket, and signed a Sedin contract

he would be long gone

we would have cap room with some picks and prospects.

You, primus and Apollo would be FLA panther fans

Im reminded when i read this thread , that mike g is a very lucky man .. If you made as many monumental mistakes doing your job , would you still have one ? I doubt I would be kept on .. mg must be a real smooth talker .. what a joke this team is .

Im reminded when i read this thread , that mike g is a very lucky man .. If you made as many monumental mistakes doing your job , would you still have one ? I doubt I would be kept on .. mg must be a real smooth talker .. what a joke this team is .

What people seem to forget is when the contract was signed it was good because of the low cap hit. They changed the rules so after he retires now some of his cap hit will count. IMO it's BS that the NHL changed the rules on existing contracts, they should have been grandfathered.

I can guarantee that we will not be retaining any of Luongo's salary in a trade... nor will we be buying him out.

We are a cap team so keeping cap is a non-starter for us.

If we waived Luongo there would be several claims on him, so buying him out is not necessary.

There is a difference between not getting the return we want in a trade and being in a crisis.

Archived