The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams want Lu

cmpunk

Gillis and AV handled this in the worst way possible. He should have traded Schneider 2 seasons ago when his stock was rediculously high, and he was touted to be a starter the following season (after the Canucks won the President's Trophy in 2012). Then he would have had Luongo in his prime for another 2 or 3 years which would have matched that of the rest of our core, and some very good young goalies in Lack, Climie and now Erikson too who would be hitting their prime much later than Schneider, when Luongo would have been on the decline.

Instead, he's chosing to trade Luongo and go with Schneider, who's still not even close to his prime, and who will coincide with the prime years of Lack, Climie and/or Erikson.

MG could have flipped a coin and had a better chance of dealing with this situation than he has so far. The long term, 4M signing of Schneider sealed his fate on this one.

Come on man please tell me you are not that stunned

You think MG just slid a piece of paper across the table and said sign here?

My gawd man, at the time Luongo had incredible leverage.

I live in FLA

Look at my numbers

Who will replace me?

Now pay me accordingly

Lu and his agent did what any greedy Hockey player does when they have a GM by the berries

They negotiated a massive long term front loaded contract with a NTC, it's the business, and power to him.

To say he is an innocent bystander is just silly.

You wanna talk about a classy contract? Look at the Sedins

If Luo would have put his greasy poker playing hands in his pocket, and signed a Sedin contract

he would be long gone

we would have cap room with some picks and prospects.

You, primus and Apollo would be FLA panther fans

and we would put Luongo on waiver because? the new cba you can't bury contracts in the minors anymore hence the 2 compliance buyout.. so we going to send Luongo to the minors assuming no one claims him and then not able to recall him back ever coz if we recall him and he gets claim we'll be on the hook for half his cap hit for the rest of his contract??

I don't recall him saying that, do you have a quote? I just recall him say he was ready to move on? Are you suggesting we keep someone that wants to move on because you have a hunch that what he's saying is not what he wants? There is a teenage girl someplace that thinks along the same lines as you.

Gillis and AV handled this in the worst way possible. He should have traded Schneider 2 seasons ago when his stock was rediculously high, and he was touted to be a starter the following season (after the Canucks won the President's Trophy in 2012). Then he would have had Luongo in his prime for another 2 or 3 years which would have matched that of the rest of our core, and some very good young goalies in Lack, Climie and now Erikson too who would be hitting their prime much later than Schneider, when Luongo would have been on the decline.

Instead, he's chosing to trade Luongo and go with Schneider, who's still not even close to his prime, and who will coincide with the prime years of Lack, Climie and/or Erikson.

MG could have flipped a coin and had a better chance of dealing with this situation than he has so far. The long term, 4M signing of Schneider sealed his fate on this one.

people should really stop saying just keep Lu and trade Schneider. Lu's bridge with this team was burned the day AV made CS the starter of the last playoff game before we got swept. He's done with Gillis.

"My contract sucks."

It seems like MG doesn't think that the other GM's are out to get him. They ARE out to get him. Everyone is out to get everyone. Everyone is trying to get an edge and no one is going to do him a favour by taking Lu's contract for free.

If I was Yzerman, or Tallon, or Nonis, I would conspire with each other and offer Gillis nothing more than a conditional pick for Luongo AND a 1st rounder AND Jensen.

(In a way I wish that would actually happen so Gillis would have no choice but to trade Schneider instead.)

hmmmmm geeezz too bad we can't just keep Lu and trade our other nhl calibre goalie for something that would help the team win now. Oh I'm sorry, it's 2013 almost 2014, not 2011. That ship has sailed.

Mike Gillis= FAIL

Pavel Bure- screwed over a hundred ways by management and villified by shabtacular media to the point where he no longer wants anything to do with vancouver after pouring heart/soul onto the ice in Van

Trevor Linden- Pours herat/soul onto ice in van and is kicked out of the city like a dog who just shat on the carpet (we were lucky to have him return but he was almost spent thanks to Bettman and the '04 lockout in which he poured hear/soul onto boardroom floor toget hockey back.

Luongo- Commits career to team, heart/soul, franchise guy, screwed by managagement and run out of town by media which has gotten even more craptacular since Bure left.

Anyone else beginning to see parallels and trends in how VanC treats its franchise players??? Someone bring up the softy swedes and the revelation will be complete.

puke

people should really stop saying just keep Lu and trade Schneider. Lu's bridge with this team was burned the day AV made CS the starter of the last playoff game before we got swept. He's done with Gillis.

"My contract sucks."

hmmmmm........... Is AV and MG the same person? As far as I know, coaches make goalie changes and NOT the General Manager. Also, with Lou signing a "No Trade Clause", he has NO choice but to stick with the team he signed this contract for. In signing this, he has said Loud and Clear that he wants to stay. It makes way more sense to trade Schneider at this point and get Lou to mentor the young talent(Laak etc.) coming up and use Lou as back up in his latter years where he is not getting paid as much. How can you not see that?

Archived