The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams want Lu

cmpunk

Do u really think lui will want to play here anymore? Come on... I love the guy but all he showed was class... and mg n av spat on his face... out played Cory by far in the playoffs and had to sit on the bench and see the team he's killed him self for these years get swept thanks to him not playing.

I sure hope hes forgiving. Ive said from the start... hes the better goalie and better for the franchise. I dont care about his age

Elite goalies are hard to come by. Unless we trade for lumdqvist and he takes a pay cut

Here is what people are forgetting.

The structure of his contract means that the vast bulk of it has been paid already. The meat and potatoes is his cap hit as most of his monetary salary has been paid for already.

Cash strapped teams could be interested based on this alone. his cap hit is a GM problem, his actual salary is the owner problem and knowing you've a decent player who has most of an ugly salary already paid makes him appealing no matter what LeBrun and other pundits say.

there is indeed a market for Lu IMO it just needs to be settled on what Gillis/Aqullini will take back in return. ie; bad contracts

Do u really think lui will want to play here anymore? Come on... I love the guy but all he showed was class... and mg n av spat on his face... out played Cory by far in the playoffs and had to sit on the bench and see the team he's killed him self for these years get swept thanks to him not playing.

I sure hope hes forgiving. Ive said from the start... hes the better goalie and better for the franchise. I dont care about his age

Elite goalies are hard to come by. Unless we trade for lumdqvist and he takes a pay cut

hmmmmm geeezz too bad we can't just keep Lu and trade our other nhl calibre goalie for something that would help the team win now. Oh I'm sorry, it's 2013 almost 2014, not 2011. That ship has sailed.

Mike Gillis= FAIL

Pavel Bure- screwed over a hundred ways by management and villified by shabtacular media to the point where he no longer wants anything to do with vancouver after pouring heart/soul onto the ice in Van

Trevor Linden- Pours herat/soul onto ice in van and is kicked out of the city like a dog who just shat on the carpet (we were lucky to have him return but he was almost spent thanks to Bettman and the '04 lockout in which he poured hear/soul onto boardroom floor toget hockey back.

Luongo- Commits career to team, heart/soul, franchise guy, screwed by managagement and run out of town by media which has gotten even more craptacular since Bure left.

Anyone else beginning to see parallels and trends in how VanC treats its franchise players??? Someone bring up the softy swedes and the revelation will be complete.

puke

Mike Gillis didn't do himself many favours with GM's around the league. He doesn't seem to be a very pleasant guy to be around. And it seems like other GM's don't want to deal with him, unless they absolutely have to. His trading partners for the most part has been with the Florida Panthers. C'mon. What a joke. Has this man burned every relationship with every GM in the league? Cause it seems like he has. Nobody wants to trade with him, and when they do, they rip him off, and make him look like a fool.

Some people think that we may never win the Cup for as long as Mike Gillis is GM. They may be right in that regards.

We now have an AHL team that is half across the country. LOL. might as well be Florida. There's been a lot of bad with MG. Few good. His drafting is almost as bad as Burke and Nonis - and that's saying something.

Mike Gillis didn't do himself many favours with GM's around the league. He doesn't seem to be a very pleasant guy to be around. And it seems like other GM's don't want to deal with him, unless they absolutely have to. His trading partners for the most part has been with the Florida Panthers. C'mon. What a joke. Has this man burned every relationship with every GM in the league? Cause it seems like he has. Nobody wants to trade with him, and when they do, they rip him off, and make him look like a fool.

Some people think that we may never win the Cup for as long as Mike Gillis is GM. They may be right in that regards.

We now have an AHL team that is half across the country. LOL. might as well be Florida. There's been a lot of bad with MG. Few good. His drafting is almost as bad as Burke and Nonis - and that's saying something.

I can guarantee that we will not be retaining any of Luongo's salary in a trade... nor will we be buying him out.

We are a cap team so keeping cap is a non-starter for us.

If we waived Luongo there would be several claims on him, so buying him out is not necessary.

There is a difference between not getting the return we want in a trade and being in a crisis.

people should really stop saying just keep Lu and trade Schneider. Lu's bridge with this team was burned the day AV made CS the starter of the last playoff game before we got swept. He's done with Gillis.

"My contract sucks."

There may indeed be a bigger market for Luongo than what everyone was thinking....

Philly - Brygalov saga

New York Islander - Vacant goaltending position

Buffalo - Miller unsure of future in Buffalo

Phoenix - M.SMith doesnt seem interested in signing

Calgary - Kiprusoft to retire?

Pittsburgh - Fluery benched in favor of Vokoun

Edmonton - unsure about Dubnyk

Florida - vacant for now, is Markstrom ready?

Columbus - if brabovski bolts

Minnesota - if Backstrom bolts

Colorado - Varlamov looks a little shaky

Washington - always have a few question marks about goaltending

In the end, if we unload Luongo's contract and get a pair of second round picks or a top-six forward, I'd call it a win.

Pierre Lebrun was on the team 1040 and said he spoke to one GM who he would not name, and said he is very interested in Luongo. But not his contract and he is hoping the Canucks buy him out so he could sign him right away.

So this situation is interesting. MG is not going to get the deal he wants now for Lu for sure, and if he does happen to pull a trade but keeping some of Lu's salary, it will be the best case scenario now. But what do you think Lu would get signed for say the Canucks buy him out because a lot of teams will jump on him. And Pierre also mentioned he thinks Luongo is the best goalie out of all of the ones available.

You don't think we are inching closer and closer to a buyout?

The only way this deal gets done is if salary comes back in players or the contract itself and what good will that do?

You guys really don't believe Luongo's words out of his mouth when he says, if it wasn't for my contract I would be moved.

I have said this since day 1

he will be bought out if he doesn't stay

He is unmovable

Lebrun is stating the painfully obvious; it's not that nobody wants Lou, they just don't want the $40 million millstone that comes with him. The longer this goes on the madder I get at it all, especially with GMMG and FAQ who only have themselves (and Lou and his agent) to blame for this ridiculous state of affairs. And please folks, no more of this "Canucks management screwed Lou" nonsense that permeates this board; Lou screwed Lou both with his contract and his play. No sympathy whatsoever from this corner.

Archived