The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teams want Lu

cmpunk

Come on man please tell me you are not that stunned

You think MG just slid a piece of paper across the table and said sign here?

My gawd man, at the time Luongo had incredible leverage.

I live in FLA

Look at my numbers

Who will replace me?

Now pay me accordingly

Lu and his agent did what any greedy Hockey player does when they have a GM by the berries

They negotiated a massive long term front loaded contract with a NTC, it's the business, and power to him.

To say he is an innocent bystander is just silly.

You wanna talk about a classy contract? Look at the Sedins

If Luo would have put his greasy poker playing hands in his pocket, and signed a Sedin contract

he would be long gone

we would have cap room with some picks and prospects.

You, primus and Apollo would be FLA panther fans

Lebrun is stating the painfully obvious; it's not that nobody wants Lou, they just don't want the $40 million millstone that comes with him. The longer this goes on the madder I get at it all, especially with GMMG and FAQ who only have themselves (and Lou and his agent) to blame for this ridiculous state of affairs. And please folks, no more of this "Canucks management screwed Lou" nonsense that permeates this board; Lou screwed Lou both with his contract and his play. No sympathy whatsoever from this corner.

Ya know, that's looking like a better option more and more. I feel the two goalies are fairly close in ability, with all the intangibles. And Schnieds would fetch a better return!!! Besides I would love nothing more than to see Luo lift the cup high overhead, in the Orca!!!!!!

how do you blame a player for taking a great contract offered by the GM. Lu signed it because he assumed as we all did, he would be the franchise goalie for years. Now not even 3 years in they have been trying to deal him. That is why the contract looks bad now.

If he didn't accept and walked, every single person would be bashing him for not accepting.

You don't think we are inching closer and closer to a buyout?

The only way this deal gets done is if salary comes back in players or the contract itself and what good will that do?

You guys really don't believe Luongo's words out of his mouth when he says, if it wasn't for my contract I would be moved.

I have said this since day 1

he will be bought out if he doesn't stay

He is unmovable

As much as people are saying this... I don't think Lui wants 'out' as much as he wants to be the Real number 1 and to be given some professional respect.

He said at the end of the year if you listen to his words, I just want to play. Never know how things will end up and schnieds has proven he can play, but we'll have to see how things unfold.- something to that affect.

I don't think Lou has shut the door on Vancouver. I also think he knows the fans and media have learned a bit...that goaltending isn't and never has been the issue. When you put both stud goalies in net, and both have been lit up because of poor defensive play and coaching well it begins to show. One guy..ok its on him, two guys, well then there's a trend and you have to look deeper.

Schnieder is still younger, cheaper, and technically better, less prone to blowouts/being out of position. Is Lou still capable of winning a vezina, a cup and being the best in the league, yes he is. We are in a no lose situation. All we need is for MG to make the best trade possible to address the TEAM needs and neither goalie will ever be an issue here.

MG basically said Lou is gone but stranger things have happened.

Exactly

He lost his starting job

He signed the contract

He went public with his desire to "start over" "move on"

MG handled this horribly without a doubt but he wouldn't have this situation to handle if Luongo would have kept his mouth shut and talked to Gillis behind closed doors like a professional.

Or even better, used that goalie change in the playoffs as motivation to play better the following season.

Everyone commends Luongo for being a class act but in reality he was his own un-doing in Vancouver

Schneider outplayed him for 3 games during the playoffs so if that's enough for the starter to lose his job then by that logic Luongo should be our starter again cause he just outplayed Schneider this year in the playoffs.

This is where the media and Luongo blew things out of proportion

Luongo didn't lose his starting job.

AV had 2 great goalies to use

He tried to make a spark with a goalie change just like what happened in Pittsburg this year.

Luongo is the one that took it personal, and the media took that emotion and ran with it.

After that, there was no turning back.

And here we are today, with a handcuffed GM who gambled with patience and lost.

We now have to sell an upside down asset.

I honestly believe the only way this problem is solved is to either buy him out or keep him and trade Schneider.

Who would have thought a simple goalie change to spark a struggling team would set this disaster in motion.

What a mess.

well if we're going to lose one of them i would rather get something back for whoever it is, so if trading Schneider is the only way to make that happen then MG should just do it. Buying out Luongo and getting absolutely nothing for him after all this would be pretty dumb imo

Schneider outplayed him for 3 games during the playoffs so if that's enough for the starter to lose his job then by that logic Luongo should be our starter again cause he just outplayed Schneider this year in the playoffs.

Lol you Cory Schnieder bashers are halarious be serious you truly havent even given the kid a chance for one. First year as starter and he hasnt even played a full season, oh whats that he cant handle 60+ games. Oh really, never knew there was any difference between 60 games in AHL and NHL since they both play 3 periods and 20 minutes. Get over your loungo crush, I know it hard but its time to move on. If this so called messiah you all worship is so good then wouldnt he get a better return then cory, IMO he would. So lets stop with the knock down on a young goaltender who is just getting into taking over the number one spot, its getting really stupid and very annoying and mark my words loungo is starting to decline he isnt martin brodeur you know.

Archived